Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Xela said:

its an interesting question, but since I have been a fan, I have seen about 6 or 7 badge changes in about 30 years (some being a tweak of a previous design).

If we do win the ECL, then just add another one :) 

It’s on the more “permanent” things where this would bother me. Like the proposed Villa Live building. 

I’m not a fan of the Lerner lion being on the otherwise fantastic Holte End mosaic. I’m keen to avoid things like that. 

20 hours ago, Rolta said:

Seeing Netherlands' nice lion in a well-fitting shield with no wasted space and maximum clarity and impact made me lament a little what could have been. 

Same with the Poland crest too.

We had our chance!

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nostalgia won over progressiveness 

I don’t think the other option or the Netherlands type is progressiveness.  Plus “progressiveness” can also look cheap, tacky and age badly.  Not sure I’ve seen anything really that is progressiveness and also good in designs.  Comes down to taste in a lot of them and rarely a majority like them in the first place.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Same with the Poland crest too.

We had our chance!

I don’t really like either of them, the Polish one looks like an extra large Scouts badge to me made on mass production and Netherlands is incredibly basic, almost boring!

Edited by nick76

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t really like either of them, the Polish one looks like an extra large Scouts badge to me made on mass production and Netherlands is incredibly basic, almost boring!

They'd be better with two empty circles around them!

On 03/12/2022 at 22:37, Rolta said:

Seeing Netherlands' nice lion in a well-fitting shield with no wasted space and maximum clarity and impact made me lament a little what could have been. 

We have an option without the crest and just Aston Villa I think.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I am curious to know, 2 months on, if anyone has changed their opinion on the new badge? Liked it at first but less keen now / hated it initially but coming around to it? Etc.

Pretty much sums up VT 😄

• Like 1

I still think we missed a golden opportunity to have a really good identity in that shield. I love it.

At least, on its own the circle design is better than what we have now—but not by much. It's meh.

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Pretty much sums up VT 😄

Eh? People's opinions aren't allowed to evolve over time? I know you're kidding but still, if people had fixed views that never changed a) society would be a bit boring and b) it would suggest a serious lack of reflection on the part of individuals.

Of course, maybe not enough time has passed and everyone feels the same, who knows.

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Eh? People's opinions aren't allowed to evolve over time? I know you're kidding but still, if people had fixed views that never changed a) society would be a bit boring and b) it would suggest a serious lack of reflection on the part of individuals.

Of course, maybe not enough time has passed and everyone feels the same, who knows.

You’ve completely misunderstood the joke.  I was generalising the views that had been said on here since November last year, not you.  Dear me.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

You’ve completely misunderstood the joke.  I was generalising the views that been had been said on here since November last year, not you.  Dear me.

Okay. You typed 5 words. It's not hard to misunderstand sarcastic brevity on a message board.

Â