Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

On 20/11/2022 at 16:51, Spoony said:

Honestly buying tickets for football anywhere now is harder than keyhole surgery on an ant

You need Willard Wigan....Birmingham boy too.

• VT Supporter

Anyone got any insight as to whether this one could be called off?

I'm sure the pitch will be fine, I'm thinking of the conditions outside the ground. As it's a friendly I imagine it would be more at risk of cancellation than a normal game?

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure the pitch will be fine, I'm thinking of the conditions outside the ground. As it's a friendly I imagine it would be more at risk of cancellation than a normal game?

I don't know, but the fa youth cup game went ahead on Friday in similar temps. Its probably more snowfall that would prompt it in terms of the conditions. I'm guessing we'd know either way today as Villareal will be travelling soon.

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I don't know, but the fa youth cup game went ahead on Friday in similar temps. Its probably more snowfall that would prompt it in terms of the conditions. I'm guessing we'd know either way today as Villareal will be travelling soon.

I hope so, I don't really mind it being cancelled but it's my birthday tomorrow so I'd like to make other plans if it is

Why can't Aston Villa plan everything around me? Selfish bastards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No snow here mate. Its all melted. 

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, Lupinthe5th said:

No snow here mate. Its all melted. 

It's meant to rain overnight and drop to -7, with the temperature only just going above freezing tomorrow.

Snow or no snow there's going to be a lot of ice around. 

I'm sure if this was a prem game it would go ahead no problem, but I assumed as it's a friendly there was a higher chance of them thinking it wasn't worth it for fan safety, or playing it behind closed doors

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hope so, I don't really mind it being cancelled but it's my birthday tomorrow so I'd like to make other plans if it is

Why can't Aston Villa plan everything around me? Selfish bastards

i never would have guessed you was a saggy like me with our bdays only 5 days apart 😃

I dont think it will get called off personally unless there is more snow which isnt expected according to the weather

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
On 30/11/2022 at 22:29, The Fun Factory said:

As Spanish fans are not known for travelling, they are a fairly small club, it is a midweek game in December, and it is a friendly, I would suggest probably not.

I remember being at a UEFA cup game against an eastern european side at VP. There were like 5 people in the lower part of the north stand and a pretty full holte end spent ages singing "You're not singing anymore" and "You only sing when you're winning" etc. It was well funny.