• Young (Ramsey 69)
    • Bailey (Buendía 74)
    • Augustinsson (Digne 82)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 83)
    • Archer (Ings 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/11/22 at 23:59

MASSIVE 3 points. The difference in the short space of time since Emery joined us is apparent, we will only get better and he will spend wisely and on players who will improve the squad.

Things are looking up for us and I am really happy at the character we showed to come back from behind to win this game, this would not have happened a few weeks ago, we would have withdrawn further into our shells, dropped our heads and not made substitutions. Great job Villa!

• Like 4

Won dirty in the last 30 minutes which was great to see. Haven’t seen Villa do that for a very long time.

Brighton should have had a pen though.

Edited by striker
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

Fooking masterclass by Emery.  What a manager!!!  You'd think we were going to get our teeth kicked in the way some were moaning in the prematch thread...  Not today!

Also, when was the last time we had a Villa team this mean, physical, and who actually want to win games???  I lost count of how many yellows we picked up, but this squad is not mentally weak like some were going on about all week.  I'm chuffed!  UTV!!!

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 4

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Has everyone who had a meltdown when we were 1 down, calmed down now? 

Probably still questioning  why Young came on for Ramsey and to blind to realise that we changed into a back 5 🤣.

Disciplined performance even if it wasn’t exciting 

I commented earlier in the season how other teams always had 2 banks of 4 and we didn’t , today we joined that club and Brighton found it difficult to break us down or really threaten us

Nobody really stood out , just a good all round team display today and 3 important points

• Like 4

7 yellow cards, what a joke.

That was a pretty good performance against a difficult opponent and a horrible start. 

Kamara was excellent and Digne was very good. Wasn't pretty but we got it done.

Ref was a disgrace but at least he didn't give that pen against Digne.

• Like 3

Â