Villarreal Friendly - 15th December - Villa Park

OutByEaster?

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s a poor idea, you should always offer your loyal customers first.  Why should these people get priority over those who have secured that priority before, the answer is they shouldn’t.  It’s a bad idea, no way around that!

Stop being so miserable. It's one game, a friendly. You're not the only ST holder either and there are those out there that can't take their whole family because some are on a waiting list or those that can't afford it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

You have preference on all home league and cup games as well as away games and other benefits. Rightly so. However surely a one off friendly that has come about because of a stupid World Cup should be a chance for everyone to enjoy going to a game. The club want new people to spend money at the ground on games and merch. It’s a business that needs continuous improvement and growth.

I know what you are trying to say, I just don’t agree.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I know what you are trying to say, I just don’t agree.

Well, that’s fair. Anyway, ST holders are getting priority for this one. You going?!

I still want to know how someone buying a ticket on general sale can take their kids to a game? Anyone? 

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Stop being so miserable. It's one game, a friendly. You're not the only ST holder either and there are those out there that can't take their whole family because some are on a waiting list or those that can't afford it anymore. 

Whose being miserable? Paying for the right for priority and wanting that right is being miserable, then call me miserable.  If some season tickets holders don’t want to go it goes to the next priority on the list.  It’s the business model most clubs follow so it’s not just me.  Doesn’t matter if it’s one game!

Anyway I’m done on this subject, glad the club are following the usual ticket model in terms of priority 

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I still want to know how someone buying a ticket on general sale can take their kids to a game? Anyone? 

You'd need to make sure your kids have a reference number then buy them tickets.

I may be misunderstanding the question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Well, that’s fair. Anyway, ST holders are getting priority for this one. You going?!

Yes I’ll be going

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'd need to make sure your kids have a reference number then buy them tickets.

I may be misunderstanding the question.

So my four year old needs an email address, an account to the website and assuming a digital account as well? What on earth? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So my four year old needs an email address, an account to the website and assuming a digital account as well? What on earth? 

They need a fan ID, they won’t need an email address (unless you want to buy a membership). They definitely won’t need a digital account. Setting up a fan ID and linking it to your own is easy.

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They need a fan ID, they won’t need an email address (unless you want to buy a membership). They definitely won’t need a digital account. Setting up a fan ID and linking it to your own is easy.

I’ve linked my Fan ID to my digital account because I had a booking history. But how do I setup a fan ID for my child? 

46 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’ve linked my Fan ID to my digital account because I had a booking history. But how do I setup a fan ID for my child? 

Log into your digital account. Go to your personal details page and scroll down to manage my relationships. You can add friends and family from there.

What's the issue with not playing this on a Saturday or Sunday? Too likely to clash with a big world cup match?

Probably came to some sort of agreement with them when we were paying his compensation figure.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Log into your digital account. Go to your personal details page and scroll down to manage my relationships. You can add friends and family from there.

To at to wallis' comment, I couldn't work out how to do it in the relationship section. The website didn't seem to let me add anyone as a relation unless they already had a fan id. Admittedly, I was doing it on my phone and I think the mobile version of this section of the website is rubbish compared with the desktop version. 

I had to send a support email and then they created a fan Id for my boy and linked it to my account for me. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

I think we should open all or a big chunk of the ground and give as many people as possible the opportunity to see a game live at Villa Park. If the ground is sold out every week we have to keep those people on the waiting lists interested. I think that’s good business as well as being as fair as possible. Ok I understand season ticket holders getting priority but restricting the capacity to just 14k at the moment is a wasted opportunity. Perhaps that’ll be reviewed once demand is properly looked at. Some of this may be dependent on tomorrow’s result/performance of course.