Villarreal Friendly - 15th December - Villa Park

OutByEaster?

Tickets are £15-£20 and at the moment it looks like they're opening the Lower Holte and the Lower and Middle tiers of the Trinity Road Stand. That's about 14,000 tickets on sale - I reckon they'll sell that out pretty quickly.

Season ticket holders will need to buy a ticket.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Very random. Why reduced capacity- can't get the safety certificate in time?

I think the simpler answer is money - if you have 15,000 people in Villa Park, not opening two stands will save you a fortune on staff and energy bills.

• Like 2

So with the Villarreal game going on general sale on the 18th, I’m going to look to grab a couple. However, I noticed on the page it says; 

‘One ticket per Fan ID will be issued.’ 

So how does somebody buy a ticket for themselves and their kids or whatever? The whole process seems awfully complicated… 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Very random. Why reduced capacity- can't get the safety certificate in time? I don't think i will bother for a midweek friendly match myself.

They'll see how tickets sell then open up more areas as needed 

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. Let those on the waiting list have the first refusal on tickets. Get everyone in who can't normally go at a reduced admission. These are the people we want in the ground when the new stand is built so a gesture of goodwill imo wouldn't be a bad thing. 

So season ticket holders who pay to go to every match for years get put second in the queue.  Surely a Darwin Award for poorest customer service if there ever was one. Ditch the long service loyal customers, brilliant idea 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So season ticket holders who pay to go to every match for years get put second in the queue.  Surely a Darwin Award for poorest customer service if there ever was one. Ditch the long service loyal customers, brilliant idea 😂

IMO for a game such as this - a friendly - the tickets should just be on general sale from the get go. Gives others a chance to get to a game and maybe add others to the season ticket waiting list once they have had chance to experience a match day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Don't be silly Nick. You might get 5-10k on the waiting list that take the option on a friendly game if that. The rest go on sale as per normal. There are many families that have kids on the list unable to secure them ST's for many reasons. These kids or people wanting ST's should get an opportunity to watch their club too. It's one game. no one will pinch your seat 😂 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Don't be silly Nick. You might get 5-10k on the waiting list that take the option on a friendly game if that. The rest go on sale as per normal. There are many families that have kids on the list unable to secure them ST's for many reasons. These kids or people wanting ST's should get an opportunity to watch their club too. It's one game. no one will pinch your seat 😂 

It’s a poor idea, you should always offer your loyal customers first.  Why should these people get priority over those who have secured that priority before, the answer is they shouldn’t.  It’s a bad idea, no way around that!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

IMO for a game such as this - a friendly - the tickets should just be on general sale from the get go. Gives others a chance to get to a game and maybe add others to the season ticket waiting list once they have had chance to experience a match day. 

Why? Why should loyal customers who have locked in preference that they pay substantially upfront for for many seasons because they want that preference be then put as second choice even for one game.  It makes no sense.  

Who cares if others want to go, season ticket holders have locked in that preference because they want it.  I don’t care if others want to join a waiting list, anyway the waiting list is more than big enough anyway.  

Anybody joining now the waiting list are unlikely to get a season ticket in the next 7-10 years given how many are already on it, even with the ground expansion so we don’t need more on the list.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? Why should loyal customers who have locked in preference that they pay substantially upfront for for many seasons because they want that preference be then put as second choice even for one game.  It makes no sense.  

Who cares if others want to go, season ticket holders have locked in that preference because they want it.  I don’t care if others want to join a waiting list, anyway the waiting list is more than big enough anyway.  

Anybody joining now the waiting list are unlikely to get a season ticket in the next 7-10 years given how many are already on it, even with the ground expansion so we don’t need more on the list.

You have preference on all home league and cup games as well as away games and other benefits. Rightly so. However surely a one off friendly that has come about because of a stupid World Cup should be a chance for everyone to enjoy going to a game. The club want new people to spend money at the ground on games and merch. It’s a business that needs continuous improvement and growth.

• Like 3