Pre Match Thread: Let’s Finish Strongly

theboyangel

Its hard to work out Brighton, they seem to be a very streaky team (and were last season as well).

They are coming into this game having won 3 in a row against Chelsea, Wolves and Arsenal scoring 10 goals.

Before that they had followed up a 5-2 win against Leicester and scoring 3 away at Liverpool with a 4 game winless run of drawing 1 and losing 3, scoring just 1 goal.

Need to factor in Welbeck as well, he seems to like scoring against us.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz dendonker and kamara in cm for me

I dont want to see mcginn anywhere near the 1st team. Bench at best.

I'm not sure we'd change the shape.

Are you look at dropping Ramsey or Buendia with Luiz moving further forward or just taking out one of the four attacking players and going 4-3-3?

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Digne

Luiz Kamara

Ramsey Buendia Bailey 

Watkins

I can see the argument for Dendonker over Kamara due to managing his minutes. Likewise, Young could fit in at either full back, but again need to manage his minutes too!

• Like 1

after Brentford's win looks like the first upper/lower table points split is happening.

ie: 10th/11th - Brentford & Palace on 19 points, 12th/13th - Leeds & Villa on 15 points.

lets hope we dont get left behind in the lower half.

image.png.b613a6b3228bea729430ef5b669da29e.png

I'd go with the team that played and won against Manure last Sunday apart from Olsen for Emi.  Lets see what our new goalkeeping coach can do,

😀

Exact same starting line up as per last league match for me. Kamara on the bench for me. 

It'll be a good game I hope. Let's hope our defence are on it. We have every chance if we play well but it'll be tough. 

Trying to shrug off the pessimism I feel about this weird "lost weekend" of pre-World Cup football, but I can't get past the emotion. I see us losing emphatically. It's like it has to happen so that we can get a truly accurate view of where the Villa project stands post-Gerrard.

But.

I'm often wrong.

• Confused 2

Such a tough game. A proper side these.

Worth going long from a few early goal kicks just to get them to back off. Their whole team will be up in our half when we're knocking it around.

Mitoma yet another brilliant find for them for no money. Probably earning a less than a quarter of Ings' salary. Cash will need to be very careful with him.

I'd bite your arm off for any points.

• Like 1

The way the table is shaping this is turning into what feels like a really important match, to me anyway. 

A win would be a dream, both in terms of the 3 points and my expectations. It would put us nicely away from the bottom 3 and in a tight group of teams where good results post WC could see us a kick on.

A draw would be decent, and a result I would willingly take now. Gives us a little breathing room and some decent form going into this ridiculous break (I won't digress)

A loss, while not catastrophic will leave us with a little more anxiety for the next 6 weeks than I would like. We will be in reach of the bottom three, who will no doubt come back from the break reinvigorated. Wolves will have 6 weeks good coaching, Soton are probably the team I'm least worried about, and Forrest well they are starting to look like having something about them.

An Unai masterclass is what we're after, any points from this match can have us feeling good about the future. A loss and we get to feel a little uncomfortable for 6 long weeks, but then we are Villa supporters and hardened bastards when it comes to suffering.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I would put kamara at CB instead of konsa. We know he has played there before and we are probably going to have a lot of the ball at the back in this game. His composure and passing ability would be an asset.

I think we need him in midfield to be honest, I know Konsa isn’t a world beater but I think Kamara would be better for us in mid