Pre Match Thread: Let’s Finish Strongly

theboyangel

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Does Emery get dogs abuse for starting McGinn? What about Marvelous Morgan?

If Emery continues to select him and McGinn continues to be below par, I anticipate some criticism, yes.

Second league game, we still are very much in clean slate territory.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Looking forward to seeing what his plan is given the team selection.

One thing that is certain there will be plan. Similar approach to the first half vs Man Utd I suspect pack the midfield and play a block.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm all for giving McGinn a fresh start under the new manager but I'm shocked he's starting after how he played in the week.

I'd wonder if we were going to play possession based football.

But that idea goes out the window with inclusion of McGinn.

Ok ....so it is what it is I guess.  If they're ill then what can you do? 

Will just have to pick things up after the World cup. Shame though as it would have been interesting to see how we did today against the in form team of the division.

Sadly I can only see another heavy defeat now as we surely won't be able to get out with no pace & McGinn constantly giving the ball away too. 

Easy day for Brighton incoming I fear.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Imagine what kind of idiot would have let us be in the position of having so few wide options

Yeah AEG and Trez would have made all the difference 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

One thing that is certain there will be plan. Similar approach to the first half vs Man Utd I suspect pack the midfield and play a block.

I agree, we’ll need to against Brightons midfield which in my opinion is their strength. Mac Allistar, Caicedo and Gross are quite a decent midfield trio, this is a good test for us to see where our midfield stacks up against them. 

• Like 1