Pre Match Thread: Let’s Finish Strongly

theboyangel

After last night I totally expect our strongest XI being fielded and pretty much what we saw against ManUre in the league.

Martinez

Cash.Konsa.Mings.Digne

Luiz.Kamara (or Dendonker starting)

Buendia.Ramsey.Bailey 

Watkins

Subs: Young, Chambers, Bednarek, Sanson, Dendonker, Ings & Doris the tea lady (GK)

Im predicting a 2-1 win (Watkins and Buendia) 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

After last night I totally expect our strongest XI being fielded and pretty much what we saw against ManUre in the league.

Martinez

Cash.Konsa.Mings.Digne

Luiz.Kamara (or Dendonker starting)

Buendia.Ramsey.Bailey 

Watkins

Subs: Young, Chambers, Bednarek, Sanson, Dendonker, Ings & Doris the tea lady (GK)

Im predicting a 2-1 win (Watkins and Buendia) 

Will be interesting to see who will parter Luiz in the middle. Dendonker was good in the league game, while Kamara showed class in the cup match. I think it will be Kamara.

Our bench is to put it mildly very weak, except from Young and Dendonker there aren’t really anybody that are good enough to come on.

Gerrard somehow managed to do a double over them last season, so must be an easy win 😀

• Like 1

Really really tough game. Brighton flying high and doing really well this season and to get anything at all, we’ll need to be at our very best. Dendoncker comes back in as he’s fresh but Kamara is very close and could start in place of Buendia perhaps? Kamara and Luiz together will be mouthwatering eventually.

Martinez

Cash        Konsa             Mings         Digne

Dendoncker         Luiz 

Buendia                   Ramsey

Bailey         Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Young, Chambers, Augustinsson, Kamara, McGinn, Sanson, Ings, Archer 

Think we’re starting to realise that some of our back up options aren’t that great. Could be a really tough afternoon, but will try and be positive and say if we’re at it for the 90 minutes, we can obtain a point. 1-1 UTV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz dendonker and kamara in cm for me

I dont want to see mcginn anywhere near the 1st team. Bench at best.

Not sure kamara could play 2 x 90 mins in 3 days after such a long lay off.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Really really tough game. Brighton flying high and doing really well this season and to get anything at all, we’ll need to be at our very best. Dendoncker comes back in as he’s fresh but Kamara is very close and could start in place of Buendia perhaps? Kamara and Luiz together will be mouthwatering eventually.

Martinez

Dendoncker         Luiz 

Bailey         Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Young, Chambers, Augustinsson, Kamara, McGinn, Sanson, Ings, Archer 

Think we’re starting to realise that some of our back up options aren’t that great. Could be a really tough afternoon, but will try and be positive and say if we’re at it for the 90 minutes, we can obtain a point. 1-1 UTV

That's the XI i'd go with as well.  Would like to see Archer get some significant minutes.

Brighton seem to do good against the teams higher up in the division compared to the ones in the bottom half.
Also their home form is quite mixed, they are a better away team

Big chance to win this

Edited by messi11

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Martinez

Dendoncker         Luiz 

Bailey         Watkins

Would go with this side. Cash and Digne are going to have a torrid time against these guys. Would sub Cash out early. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz dendonker and kamara in cm for me

I dont want to see mcginn anywhere near the 1st team. Bench at best.

I don't think Unai does either, which is probably why he gave him a full game yesterday. Dear John, you just played 90 minutes, sorry, you can't play on Sunday too. 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Everyone is mentioning Kamara and Dendoncker,I havent seen Nakamba mentioned at all.IMHO he is quite good.

I get what you are saying but I don't get the calls for Nakamba (or Sanson for that matter) being quite good.

We haven't seen the properly for ages, they might be really struggling at the minute. They might have declined.

Unai will make the right call, which couldn't have been said about the previous guy who pretended to be a manager. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I get what you are saying but I don't get the calls for Nakamba (or Sanson for that matter) being quite good.

We haven't seen the properly for ages, they might be really struggling at the minute. They might have declined.

Or they might have improved?

11 minutes ago, smg said:

Or they might have improved?

Maybe. But I wouldn't say "Sanson is good" or "Nakamba is good" because we haven't seen them for a long time.

I get the discussion over ings/Watkins buendia/Coutinho because we have a good recent sample of examples. 

Nakamba and Sanson are a bit of a mystery to me. 

• Like 2