Win or lose tonight?

mrchnry

Win or lose tonight?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. Thought it would be interesting to see the ratio of those that would fancy a loss tonight in order to have Gerrard gone. It's set to anonymous votes.

• Win
    • Lose

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, TRO said:

would it put you off buying the winning lottery ticket, if there was a fight outside the shop?

Potter is made for life.....however, he performs.

What does this have to do with the impression us sacking Gerrard after 35 games of shit gives potential managers? What argument are you trying to make?

You’re supporting MY point, which is that managers wouldn’t give the slightest shit if we got rid of Gerrard now because A he’s had more than enough time to show progress and B we pay a lot of money to our managers (yknow, that lottery ticket you mentioned).

Nah Villa, I won’t take your £5m+ a year just in case I do a bad job and you need to sack me like you sacked Gerrard. I’ll go to a club that has never sacked a manager before.

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

What does this have to do with the impression us sacking Gerrard after 35 games of shit gives potential managers? What argument are you trying to make?

You’re supporting MY point, which is that managers wouldn’t give the slightest shit if we got rid of Gerrard now because A he’s had more than enough time to show progress and B we pay a lot of money to our managers (yknow, that lottery ticket you mentioned).

Nah Villa, I won’t take your £5m+ a year just in case I do a bad job and you need to sack me like you sacked Gerrard. I’ll go to a club that has never sacked a manager before.

Yes, I am in agreement of THAT point.....are you in shock?😀

I still don't want SG sacked though.

If we keep dropping points like confetti at a wedding......I will have no alternative, but to cut loose.

but , I still think things will turn.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yes, I amin agreement of THAT point.....are you in shock?😀

I still don't want SG sacked though.

If we keep dropping points like confetti at a wedding......I will have no alternative, but to cut loose.

but , I still think things will turn.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John said:

A win will take us into the top half of the table and above Liverpool (just saying!;)). I want us to win or at worst to draw, but I always do. 

I can honestly say John.....I have never wanted Villa to lose.

Maybe, if I knew, the background of Dr X at the time.....I wouldn't have been so keen to win that final.....silver linings and all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I said win for this particular game - because aside from a shellacking, I don't think Gerrard goes either way.

And if you had to win to stay up, then this Forest game has to be one of them.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I can honestly say John.....I have never wanted Villa to lose.

Maybe, if I knew, the background of Dr X at the time.....I wouldn't have been so keen to win that final.....silver linings and all.

It's ridiculous that you feel the need to emphasise your loyalty. When I saw the thread, I actually laughed out loud . 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It isn't justifying anything, what unites most professional footballers, managers and writers on the subject is patience, time and perseverance. These are the people who work in football their whole lives and their opinion is much more valid.

This is a crock of.  Does anybody talk about Tuchel now? No, it’s all about Potter.  Tuchel has been forgotten about in relation now.  Conte replacing the prior manager, when Arteta replaced his predecessor…all short timed managers they managed, nobody talks about them a week later.  Football moves on so quick that yesterday’s news is forgotten and there is very little loyalty in football. 

Unless Gerrard loses tonight he will be here for at least The World Cup.

As I said he keeps doing enough to keep his job but over time it’s underperforming for Villa.  I agree, he’s likely here until the WC but to the detriment of Villa because we all mostly feel it’s only a matter of time before he goes either this week or during the WC break.

A win tonight and we are four unbeaten, two wins and two draws.

It’s all about context, it’s just we differ on context. Who we’ve played, how we’ve played and the number of games being viewed.

Edited by nick76

What worries me about loosing is it might be the moment they get rid od SG, at last, but Brucie is waiting to step into Stevies shoes and it raises the question, are our decision makers daft enough to take him. 

Edited by Podster

Â