Who Will Win the League?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win the League?

• Manure
    • Arse
    • Plop
    • Chelski
    • Other

Purely through stability I say ManUre. Despite the Ronaldo saga they haven't actually lost anyone, and could still add the likes of Berbatov not that they need him. Chel$ki will have a new manager and new players settling in and while this might work out for them I would always err on the side of a 'settling in period' where they drop crucial points. Arsenal have been gutted like a fish this summer and 'plop were too far away to bridge that gap in one close season. If Spurs keep buying the way they have. Bringing in Dos Santos, Modric, Bentley, Arshavin, Gomes and shifting out the crap like Robinson, Tainio, Chimbonda I can see them being very much the only team/squad who will hold a candle to the top 4 but there'll be no 'other' outside the top 4 winning THIS league for a while yet.

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea do this year, but it will be a new test for 'Big Phil' going away to places like Stoke on a miserable mid week fixture.

I think Man U will win it soley due to experience!

not us mate, this could be our worst season for years, our so called best player "Barry" cringes when he sees claret and blue these days and our "rich" benifactor Lord Lucan wishes he never seen the sky over villa park...fastern your seat belts this will be a roller coaster season with us ending in the water dip.......doe

who agrees/

not us mate, this could be our worst season for years, our so called best player "Barry" cringes when he sees claret and blue these days and our "rich" benifactor Lord Lucan wishes he never seen the sky over villa park...fastern your seat belts this will be a roller coaster season with us ending in the water dip.......doe

who agrees/

Uh, I don't. But I also don't think we'll improve much on last year.

I think 6th place and a couple of Cup runs ending in no silverware is about right.

who agrees/

no one

i voted other because hull will win ;)

some one had to

man Utd will win it I reckon. Chelski will be their only challengers. Had Arsenal managed to hold on to Hleb and the like i would have thought they cou;d have mounted a challenge.

You never know with Arsenal, they might surprise us, but I can't see past a 2 horse race, Man Utd vs Chelski and Man Utd to pip them.

Incidentally, pool will finish no higher than 4th, again. I would love anyone, even if it had to be spurs or (shudder) newcastle, to knock them out of the top 4, as it would be a very slippery financial slope if Pool were to miss out on the CL money they basically rely on to survive!

It's OK Stevo I seriously doubt you'll be shuddering come May :lol:

I bloody hope not, but I'd be willing to if it knocked Pool out of the Sky 4.

However, if toon were in the top 4 I might actually have to kill myself. The collective media wankfest that surrounds that club is already too much for me to bear, if that was doubled by them breaking the top 4...well it doesn't bear thinking about!

By the way I only mentioned Spurs and newcastle because they are the 2 teams highest on "Stevo's list of clubs he hates the most" that aren't already in the top 4.

I see the top 4 in exactly the same positions as they were last season at the mo' with the gap between 1st & 2nd wider (obviously!).

As much as I hate to say it - if Keane and Torres works then I think Liverpool are actually alot stronger this year than last - Kuyt was very very good in the Euros, predominantly in a wider stiking role that is similar to where he plays at pool, if he carries that on then one of their problem positions is sorted, and Babel could come good having got a season under his belt. Their centre halves look solid particularly with agger back meaning that carragher could even shift to right back. If they are as lucky with injuries as we were last season I can actually see them lasting beyond xmas this season in the title race, dont get me wrong I still think Man U or Chelsea will take it because they have real strength in depth, but I wouldnt discount Liverpool if they get a head of steam and pull off some results against the other contenders.

And yes I do feel dirty saying the above.

Chelsea

Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Joe Cole, Malouda, Kalou, SWP and my favourite midfielder, Essien. What a midfield!

Will they play a 2-7-1 formation or something? :shock:

The title race is between Manchester United and Chelsea and i think Manchester United will win it because they have a settled side whereas Chelsea have a new manager and a few new key players. Liverpool will finish 3rd, but as always they will drop silly points away at teams in the bottom half of the table. They dont have the strength in depth to get to the 90 point mark.

Arsenal will finish fourth.

Arsenal are dismissed again but they were excellent last year and unlucky with injuries.

They've lost Hleb & Flamini. Two pivotal players last season. They will have a fit van Persie and an older Walcott but those 2 will be hard to replace. I can't see them keeping up with the other 2 over a whole season but I'd say they'll be up with them til 3/4ers of the way.

Â