January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

24 minutes ago, RicRic said:

was he only allowed to leave for that figure? .., I thought it was £35m in this window tbf 

We don't know. But Bissouma was 45m last January and then 25m in the summer. So the price drops can be pretty huge

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't know. But Bissouma was 45m last January and then 25m in the summer. So the price drops can be pretty huge

Makes sense to be fair every manager is a few bad games away from the sack these days. You don’t have much time to get a replacement and are likely going to have to pay a premium if you do find one. A lot more time in the summer to bring in replacements and doesn’t derail a season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Compared to Everton we've had an amazing transfer window 🤣

I don't know makes sense to sell Gordon in January they'd probably have got less in the Championship in the summer.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

They didn't buy anybody though, not even a panic buy.

Oh I know they looked doomed I hope Dyche has worked in a massive bonus on the off chance he does keep them up. Madness they signed no body.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Wouldn’t think we can get him for less than 35m to be honest so no fluctuation in neither window, at the most i think marseille wouldn’t  have asked for more than 40m this window but we will never know.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They were scrambling about bidding for everyone apparently, laughable they bid £2m loan for Sarr and £35m obligation to buy if they stayed up. What made them think those terms were acceptable 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why would any agent even contemplate sending his player there on loan or otherwise. I admire the passion of the fans as they do really care, but stopping players in the street to argue with them and allegedly attacking a director to the extent that they have to stay away from goodison for their own safety was never going to be a good look. 

It is war there now and they have no money due to ffp 

15 minutes ago, Folski said:

Makes sense to be fair every manager is a few bad games away from the sack these days. You don’t have much time to get a replacement and are likely going to have to pay a premium if you do find one. A lot more time in the summer to bring in replacements and doesn’t derail a season.

It makes logical sense. Imagine you've got a player doing really well and it's the January window. Imagine the amount of players available for moves is 30% of the level it is in summer. So your options to buy a lower.

So now another team comes along and wants to buy your player. He's valued fairly at £35m. If I think it's not really possible to get a quality replacement in for him in this window I'll basically be down one player if I sell him. I'll want to be compensated for that, or why would I sell him now and not in the summer?

So I say I want £45m for the player as I need to be compensated for losing my player for half a season before I can get a proper replacement in. This is the situation with January. There needs to be a very good reason for a club to sell a player in January instead of waiting until summer to sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It makes logical sense. Imagine you've got a player doing really well and it's the January window. Imagine the amount of players available for moves is 30% of the level it is in summer. So your options to buy a lower.

So now another team comes along and wants to buy your player. He's valued fairly at £35m. If I think it's not really possible to get a quality replacement in for him in this window I'll basically be down one player if I sell him. I'll want to be compensated for that, or why would I sell him now and not in the summer?

So I say I want £45m for the player as I need to be compensated for losing my player for half a season before I can get a proper replacement in. This is the situation with January. There needs to be a very good reason for a club to sell a player in January instead of waiting until summer to sell.

Benfica had 120 million reasons to sell Enzo Fernandez.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok I just watched the last press conference and I think he makes it pretty clear that they wanted to sign another striker but only if he was the right player and if not in January then in Summer. He did say Duran is not Ings replacement so he will probably be frustrated that he hasn’t managed to get another striker but he did emphasis how important it is the striker is the right player.

But unless I missed it I didn’t sense any frustrations at all in the presser. 

Unless there’s been one I’ve missed since the Southampton one?

This is my take.

If he is frustrated - its not with the club, but with the craziness of the January transfer window, and this one in particular. He's not here to make 12 months of progress and take the next step up. He wants to build something special, and to do that you need the right players for the next 3-5 year; not 3-5 months. 

I think some people believe managers  just 'want a midfielder' rather than a specific players.

Unai - "I want Guendozi" 
Purslow - "Marseilles won't sell. They quoted £80m. So I got you Lokonga from Arsenal on loan"

Edited by Pez1974
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

This is my take.

If he is frustrated - its not with the club, but with the craziness of the January transfer window, and this one in particular. He's not here to make 12 months of progress and take the next step up. He wants to build something special, and to do that you need the right players for the next 3-5 year; not 3-5 months. 

I think some people believe managers  just 'want a midfielder' rather than a specific players.

Unai - "I want Guendozi" 
Purslow - "Marseilles won't sell. They quoted £80m. So I got you Lokonga from Arsenal on loan"

Sorry Unai, Gerard Deulofeu didn’t want to join us. But we’ve signed Theo Walcott instead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another thing I find bizarre, is that according to many, Ollie is garbage, but if he gets injured we're doomed... 🤔

Maybe the one's that don't rate him are not the same ones who fear him picking up an injury. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah as I said it was discussing what Emery had said

Check the official site, I just watch them when ones come out .  They post them on the site afterwards so it’ll be there.

I have re-watched the Southampton PC and there is nothing there to indicate his `sense of frustration'.

57 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Compared to Everton we've had an amazing transfer window 🤣

Not signing anyone yesterday was probably the best possible outcome for Dyche. Instead of having to integrate some late panic buys, he can focus on creating a siege mentality in the squad.

"OK lads, no-one is coming from outside to help us. We're going to have to do this shit ourselves. Who are with me?" et cetera