Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/22 at 22:59

We won but at what cost? I suppose we could see that Southampton Bournemouth and forest are going to be shite to give us some reassurance we can stay up, but that our expectations remain so low for the year render any enthusiasm to watch us null and void. What's the point. 

That Football tonight was something from the dinosaur era.
I'd rather wait in a a 20 hour queue than watch that rubbish!
Villa Park will be struggling to sell tickets soon. Cancel the North End Stand now, Not needed.  

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nicest thing I can say is we won

Absolute cringy celebrations at the end like we won the title. Not sure he even celebrated the Champions League win so passionately 😂😂

His "YES!!!" rang out over everyone else 😆 

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am happy with that. Yes we need to play pragmatic football like we are in a relation scrap. We can get expansive after we have a few more wins under our belt. I approved of Gerrard's tactics. They worked.

Seriously dude, how can you be happy with that? It was rancid. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Seriously dude, how can you be happy with that? It was rancid. 

It was low risk dinosaur football and it worked. I would be calling for Gerrard's head again if we had lost. I am glad he played it safe and boring. I am also glad to see how much it meant to him. He could just wait for his payoff.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Just now, foreveryoung said:

A win against a dia Southampton display is not gonna change our season. We may win the odd game, but we are shite under Gerrard , an it ain't gonna change, so look forward to the rest of the season, I can guarantee if we keep him, we will finish below midtable

Yes, true, we have been poor and disappointing overall in the last 12 league games (resulting in only 2 wins from 12) so I am not looking forward to the rest of the season. And I'm not against a change in manager if it won't change with Gerrard.

McGinn has been struggling so I disagree with SG constantly starting him, he should have started Luis today. And I'd still like Buendía and Coutinho to have a few more chances of both starting.

But we were pretty good v Everton and Man City and so I'm hoping we will be again in the next match (which i think is away to Leeds)...

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

It was low risk dinosaur football and it worked. I would be calling for Gerrard's head again if we had lost. I am glad he played it safe and boring.

Literally any manager could have won that game with what he had available to him and how bad Southampton were. 

Just now, lexicon said:

Literally any manager could have won that game with what he had available to him and how bad Southampton were. 

I disagree. Southampton deserves our respect. Just as we learnt to our cost did Bournemouth. if it was a bannaskin game then we avoided it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Yes, true, we have been poor and disappointing overall in the last 12 league games (resulting in only 2 wins from 12) so I am not looking forward to the rest of the season. And I'm not against a change in manager if it won't change with Gerrard.

McGinn has been struggling so I disagree with SG constantly starting him, he should have started Luis today. And I'd still like Buendía and Coutinho to have a few more chances of both starting.

But we were pretty good v Everton and Man City and so I'm hoping we will be again in the next match (which i think is away to Leeds)...

Everton are shite, like us.

Man City were far from on their game. You can't argue, they can destroy teams at will, including us no worries.

Â