Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/22 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Absolute diabolical nonsense. 

We showed some real fight tonight and Southampton never once looked like s scoring. 

I've stopped taking any real notice of the haters. Haters will, always hate.

The  only emotion they elicit from me, is i a good fecking giggle, and i mean a good one..

What do you think of the performances so far?

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

This is my main issue, the fans were there with them and its just been lost for now. Not sure who or what brings that back. Probably not Gerrard

Good football will.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He is probably just tired of all the people here moaning from the first minute when the manager doesn't choose their favorite players. 

Personally, I don't care if the manager doesn't pick my favourites....

... I'm more concerned that he keeps picking his.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gerrard out army you have the floor. You have taken over all of VT already. 

Even when we win you'll trot out the same shite as always

Are you honestly going to try and claim you enjoyed that football match?

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your a joker.

McLeish could have managed a win against that Southampton team. They were truly awful, an we won with a scrappy goal, no real quality.

Come back to me when we play Newcastle.

I'm going to shock you here. I agree with you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Come on then, instead of insults, try convincing people why Gerrard is the right man for the job?

If the cap fits wear it. In fact turn it around and let me see what it looks like with peak at the back.

I don't have to convince anyone. It's Aston Villa I support  not Steven Gerrard. 

How dare you try and stop me having a good giggle..

The way I see it, points and performance always both matter (unless it's nearly the end of the season and we literally can't go any higher or lower in the table, then points might not matter anymore). 

But today I think the three points were even more important than the performance because of how precarious a position we were in in the table. It's still precarious but a bit less now. So now there's a bit less pressure on the team maybe they'll play better in the next game, hopefully.

We'd have been in big trouble if we hadn't won today given how poor Southampton were... it's likely there will be very few games over the season in which our opponent plays so badly. So thank f*** we won it, phew ! :s

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

To say we “edged” it is a bit of a laugh.

EE3C8FF6-8FD1-4693-B5B1-8B59FC209D81.jpeg

Those stats don’t exactly say Villa dominated. Villa were quite poor, Southampton were a little worse.

Edited by Genie

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Reminded me of that game we beat Reading 1-0, Benteke header but just an awful game

That was the game my other half completely gave up on Villa and said 'enough, no more, never ask me to come along to a game again'

21 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I suppose I belonged to that crowd in that I wanted to give him some time over the summer to fix things. It didn't work, he appears to not have a system and I'm not anymore. Some of the Gerrard out crowd were just dismal from the beginning though, so excuse me and others for wanting statistically valid sample sizes ;)

Thats fair, just like I have wanted to have some semblance of a sane reason to keep him from those who believe who should keep his job.

I wasn't on his case from the start, I was very hopeful in the beginning, he even impressed me in one or two interviews early on.

But for the vast majority of his tenure, we have been shite, awful to watch and he seems unwilling to accept that he might be the problem.

Anyone backing him now is on the wind up imo

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, robby b said:

The way I see it, points and performance always both matter (unless it's nearly the end of the season and we literally can't go any higher or lower in the table, then points might not matter anymore). 

But today I think the three points were even more important than the performance because of how precarious a position we were in in the table. It's still precarious but a bit less now. So now there's a bit less pressure on the team maybe they'll play better in the next game, hopefully.

We'd have been in big trouble if we hadn't won today given how poor Southampton were... it's likely there will be very few games over the season in which our opponent plays so badly. So thank f*** we won it, phew ! :s

Agreed. I hope our confidence level improves a bit with that. It would make a world of difference.

• Like 1

Â