Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/22 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gerrard out army you have the floor. You have taken over all of VT already. 

Even when we win you'll trot out the same shite as always

Absolute diabolical nonsense. 

We showed some real fight tonight and Southampton never once looked like s scoring. 

I've stopped taking any real notice of the haters. Haters will, always hate.

The  only emotion they elicit from me, is i a good fecking giggle, and i mean a good one..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Level on points with Newcastle. I assume they want their manager out for such a poor start to their season?

I guess if they had played 7 games rather than 6 and had an inferior goal difference like we have and have had possibly the easiest start to the season and got crushed to Bournemouth then I would guess they would be.

Poor game. 

We deserved the win, but Southampton really were poor.

Young and Konsa looked shakey. Konsa is a really poor distributor. Not good enough for where we are aiming.

Mings easily the best defender in the team.

Digne played a couple good crosses that were well defended. 

Kamara and Luiz were both composed and kept us ticking over.

Ramsey scored the winner, otherwise didn't stand out.

Mcginn was so wasteful in possession. This guy is so overrated outside of this forum.

Bailey looked lively, starting to get to grips with the prem.

Coutinho was a handful, faded in the second half.

Watkins worked hard, but lacked that extra bit of quality.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We were really not excellent defensively at all. Southampton were awful and we still gifted them a few looks at goal

Nah, they didn't have a shot on target and probably about two off target. The defence didn't make any mistakes, which is rare with our defence. So credit where its due.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

A very poor quality match, inevitable I guess between two teams that have had poor starts and are consequently low on confidence. But we were always quite comfortable and obviously the superior side. Let’s hope that helps them settle down a bit and start to play in a slightly calmer fashion.

Ashley Young MOTM for me again. His current form is phenomenal - who would have thought it?

Oh, yeh, sorry, to make sure I don’t get banned from AntiGerrardTalk, Gerrard is crap, we may have won but he is still crap. 

Is that OK?

Like I said in a previous post. They are funny, in a sad way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Absolute diabolical nonsense. 

We showed some real fight tonight and Southampton never once looked like s scoring. 

I've stopped taking any real notice of the haters. Haters will, always hate.

The  only emotion they elicit from me, is i a good fecking giggle, and i mean a good one..

Watching Forest then were you?

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Level on points with Newcastle. I assume they want their manager out for such a poor start to their season?

Your a joker.

McLeish could have managed a win against that Southampton team. They were truly awful, an we won with a scrappy goal, no real quality.

Come back to me when we play Newcastle.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Nah, they didn't have a shot on target and probably about two off target. The defence didn't make any mistakes, which is rare with our defence. So credit where its due.

They should have scored from the ward prowse free kick that mcginn gifted and they should have scored from Konsa being caught under the ball on that cross. 

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Terrible, just abjectly awful. Those 3 points will mean in they won't sack Gerrard so the rubbish football will continue. All the momentum and great feeling around the club has gone.

This is my main issue, the fans were there with them and its just been lost for now. Not sure who or what brings that back. Probably not Gerrard

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He is probably just tired of all the people here moaning from the first minute when the manager doesn't choose their favorite players. 

How does he feel about the fans who had to sit through that turgid mess?

Â