Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/22 at 22:59

that was a terrible game of football.

We just happened to play a team playing worse than us, my lord that was painful to watch.

If Gerrard thinks anyone can take positives from that dire spectacle, he needs his head examining.

Once again, the selection was just mind boggling, i think im getting to the point of not giving a f***, its like watching a car crash in slow motion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gerrard out army you have the floor. You have taken over all of VT already. 

Even when we win you'll trot out the same shite as always

Well we have had to listen to the same shit from the Gerrard in crew when we've been losing for weeks....

• Like 3

3 points and work to do for poch.

Hopefully he watched this and is planning how to change the turgid dirt our football has become with the occasional crap tippy tippy down the left which 99% we lose the ball and they go on the attack.

I feel exhausted watching this, I watch exeter city quite regularly. They are playing better football than us, more exciting better shape and actual tactics with a limited talent team.

Thanks for the 3 points, against the worst performance I've seen from Southampton against us in a fair while. Now get out.

Terrible advert for top teir football in any country.

The dysfunctional midfield trio starts again! Kamara injury a worry.

Donk didn't do a lot when he came on?

No rare Sanson appearance but he has been promoted to the bench at least.

McGinn all over the shop & should certainly not be playing 90 minutes (or starting).

Attack still very ineffectual & without any real plan except make Leon chase long balls.

Emi B >>> Phil.

Thus concludes my thoughts. Peace.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Takes us up to 13th

Tells you how much we needed it. And it showed, our boys wanted to win bad. Ugly game, but a deserved result. 

Mings excellent again. First clean sheet for Emi since forever.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gerrard out army you have the floor. You have taken over all of VT already. 

Even when we win you'll trot out the same shite as always

It’s a turgid mess. No progress after 30+ games and £millions spent. This is not what was promised, this is not progress, this is barely treading water, and would suggest nowhere near the owners expectation.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Well we have had to listen to the same shit from the Gerrard in crew when we've been losing for weeks....

I suppose I belonged to that crowd in that I wanted to give him some time over the summer to fix things. It didn't work, he appears to not have a system and I'm not anymore. Some of the Gerrard out crowd were just dismal from the beginning though, so excuse me and others for wanting statistically valid sample sizes ;)

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Level on points with Newcastle. I assume they want their manager out for such a poor start to their season?

Did you watch the game? You must know that if we continue to play like that then 9 times out of 10 we won't win? We were terrible, happily Southampton were even worse.

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Positives... Clean sheet, we were excellent defensively

Mings MOTM

Creatively we were lacking, City would have put 7 or 8 past that Southampton performance. But a win is a win

We were really not excellent defensively at all. Southampton were awful and we still gifted them a few looks at goal

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

It’s a turgid mess. No progress after 30+ games and £millions spent. This is not what was promised, this is not progress, this is barely treading water.

it isn't, which is why we should look to make a change. he's been given time and hasn't made the progress we should expect.

• Like 1

Â