Players you wish we’d bought and players we should look at now

burchy

7 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Remember mostovoi for Celta Vigo at home against us..what a performance!

He ran the show! Was it him and Karpin?

• Like 1

I remember being upset we missed out on Dele Ali at the time, possibly dodged a bullet there though attitude wise. 

For a future Mings replacement I like the look of Lukeba at Lyon

Also Nico Gonzalez at Barca (not to replace Mings obviously)

For a cheap punt at trying to find the next Vardy I'd have a look at Kabongo Tshimanga. 

It might be too much of a leap for him but better to lose £1m than say £5-10m on the likes of Samatta. 

On 06/09/2022 at 23:57, Podster said:

For a future signing, I think our man Jack G should be brought back, and I think his lack of game time at City could impact his England place, so that could be a factor, maybee not, but it will be interesting to see how that goes, however if he is not a first team regular at an already over crowded Man City he may become restless only being on the fringe instead in the spotlight, so he may jump at a chance to come home if we get the check book out.

He will most likely do an Ashley Young and return to us in his 30s. He can swap a place on one bench, with another then. 

I would have liked us to have signed the following that have yet to be mentioned, that we were once linked with:

Dave Mackay (before he went to Spurs),  Hans Krankl, Frank Lampard, Michael Owen, Klass Jan-Huntelaar, Dennis Bergkamp, Steve Bull and Andy Cole. 

Who we should look at now? I will leave that for the next window, although Jota of Celtic looked good for Celtic last weekend. 

Edited by John
  • Like 2

On 06/09/2022 at 23:57, Podster said:

For a future signing, I think our man Jack G should be brought back, and I think his lack of game time at City could impact his England place, so that could be a factor, maybee not, but it will be interesting to see how that goes, however if he is not a first team regular at an already over crowded Man City he may become restless only being on the fringe instead in the spotlight, so he may jump at a chance to come home if we get the check book out.

Grealish played more minutes for City last season than he did for us the season before.

Â