Players you wish we’d bought and players we should look at now

burchy

I always felt Defoe should've played for us.

Was out of favour at Spurs around 2007 and really thought O'Neill would go for him but instead went to Portsmouth.

As decent as Gabby and Carew were in that period we really could've done with a ruthless finisher and Defoe would've been perfect for that.

Even into his 30s he was pretty good for Sunderland for 18 months so again could've done a job alongside Benteke.

As for present players I'd love someone like Eze in our team but he certainly won't be leaving London to play for us so that's gone unless we get good really quick.

3 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Future - we need to go raid Sheffield United and sign Anel Ahmedhodzic and Iliman Ndiaye. 

I keep raving on about these - but they're realistic signings for us. 

I have also been impressed by Ahmedhodzic, although it would be too much of a challenge for chant composers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Wish we'd signed Eze.

We should be looking at that Conway kid at Bristol City, he's scoring every week. 

I remember watching Eze absolutely boss our midfield in a QPR away game. Think it was one of Deano’s first games in charge.

We spent a lot of money the transfer window Eze moved to Palace (and we signed Sanson in the January window that followed). I think it was a big miss. Guess management were happy with McGinn (as per).

5 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

I remember watching Eze absolutely boss our midfield in a QPR away game. Think it was one of Deano’s first games in charge.

We spent a lot of money the transfer window Eze moved to Palace (and we signed Sanson in the January window that followed). I think it was a big miss. Guess management were happy with McGinn (as per).

I’m sure I read we were in for Eze at the time but he wanted to stay in Landan town

For a future signing, I think our man Jack G should be brought back, and I think his lack of game time at City could impact his England place, so that could be a factor, maybee not, but it will be interesting to see how that goes, however if he is not a first team regular at an already over crowded Man City he may become restless only being on the fringe instead in the spotlight, so he may jump at a chance to come home if we get the check book out.

Edited by Podster
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, burchy said:

Just a bit of fun in all the doom and gloom at the moment

Past transfers

Robbie Keane, Alan Shearer, Julian Alvarez, Enzo Fernandez

Future transfers

Rayan Cherki (Lyon), Kephrem Thuram (OGC Nice), Orkan Kokcu (Feyenoord), Thiago Almada (Atlanta), Gvardiol (Leipzig - not gonna happen I know)

Great subject post, I'v enjoyed looking at the comments.

23 minutes ago, Podster said:

For a future signing, I think our man Jack G should be brought back, and I think his lack of game time at City could impact his England place, so that could be a factor, maybee not, but it will be interesting to see how that goes, however if he is not a first team regular at an already over crowded Man City he may become restless only being on the fringe instead in the spotlight, so he may jump at a chance to come home if we get the check book out.

Sorry no, ever want him to grace the claret and blue ever again!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think most recently Jarrod Bowen would’ve made a huge difference to our team.

He was still at Hull in summer 2019 and we did a quick sweep of some of the better championship players so big surprise we didn't go for him as he moved for about 15m the next window so well within our price range.

Only issue is I think DS would've played him as CF and not sure he'd have hit the ground running like he has at West Ham from wider forward role.

Â