Gerrard in/out post-Man City?

StefanAVFC

Gerrard in/out post-Man City?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrard in/out post-Man City?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

33 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Gerrard out until he gets to a 35 percent win  rate minimum. We cannot get carried away by a **** point. 

We do have good players   but they havent performed consistently for months and months.  

Getting to say 13th place will not be an achievement.  Thats what our squad should get to while sleepwalking. 

Yes agreed, but needs to get into at least top 8 and a 40% win rate or tracking to 56 points for the season.  Without that, he’s doing worse than what this squad should be able to achieve and therefore bringing nothing to the club.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

If the board are looking at getting them out then as much as yesterday is a point....i would still be looking at the results of Leicester and Southampton.

Yesterday we got a point we didnt expect and a bonus.....the next two games I would be looking at min 4 points otherwise....we will keep going round....a win here...a point here....it maybe too late then.

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

These embarrassing spot “polls” on sacking Gerrard are ruining VillaTalk.

What used to  be one of the best, most intelligent, football websites, has degenerated Into a Trumpian, QAnon-style vengeance cult.

As your mentor and hero himself was given to say (about every 5 minutes) 

“SAD”

Get over yourself.

Don't like it, don't post, don't vote in it.

Trump-like, bahahaha.

• Like 3

abstaining from voting this week. he gets a stay of execution for me based on his changing of the system yesterday

how we line up and play v leicester and southampton will tell us a lot

If, and it is a big if, but if we win the next two then that’s not too bad a start. 

At half time in midweek i thought he was done but we were much better second half against arsenal and we did well yesterday against the best team in world football and up against the worlds best striker.

He’s bought himself the next two games for me unless we get tonked at Leicester of course.

• Like 1

Just my opinion but 3 matches is the start of something. He has indeed set a very good standard for the first match of 3, but one match means very little. 

He has bunches of 3 matches previous where we were dire and woeful and showing relegation form.

I voted out and I still am not convinced but he needs 3 points against Leicester by hook or by crook. 

I want him out, but as I have said many times before I can handle being wrong.

I want to be wrong, I want to come on here after the Leicester match and be sheepishly admitting that it was a good result and maybe I am a dill and just got carried away in wanting him out.

Euphoria slightly aside, he's won a game by game basis with me now. Must be followed up with against Leicester and Southampton. Truth is, if our start to the season wasn't as terrible as it was, most people would be hailing yesterday's performance.

Also, the terrible start has meant he probably needs a minimum of 4 points from the next two ( Ideally 6 ).

We have a decent run of 6 games coming up, if we could blend the solidity we had yesterday, with a more aggressive attacking approach against " lesser " teams I think we can do very well.

I do indeed get some people views about being steadfast and saying " This doesn't eradicate the past 10 months " etc.

However if you don't want to give him credit for a good performance and hopefully a turning point yesterday, you are almost biting off your nose to spite your face just because.

The ideal scenario is that he has learnt lessons and is successful with us.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Euphoria slightly aside, he's won a game by game basis with me now. Must be followed up with against Leicester and Southampton. Truth is, if our start to the season wasn't as terrible as it was, most people would be hailing yesterday's performance.

I do indeed get some people views about being steadfast and saying " This doesn't eradicate the past 10 months " etc.

However if you don't want to give him credit for a good performance and hopefully a turning point yesterday, you are almost biting off your nose to spite your face just because.

The ideal scenario is that he has learnt lessons and is successful with us.

You can give him credit for the performance while also realising it doesn't really change things in the grand scheme of things. We actually played even better in the other 2 games against City, one of them technically just 6 games ago. You gotta look at overall trends when it comes to these things and not any one performance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You can give him credit for the performance while also realising it doesn't really change things in the grand scheme of things. We actually played even better in the other 2 games against City, one of them technically just 6 games ago. You gotta look at overall trends when it comes to these things and not any one performance.

I get you.

As you may understand, the peeps who want to lean more positive will tend to want to get carried away with the positive, and vice versa.

( Bloody out of likes again )

Mods do donations get you more likes?

Asking for myself!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

First 6 games were Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, West Ham, Arsenal and City and we got just 4 points. Don't think it's really smart rolling the dice with the next 6. We've been here before.

Yeah still out for me and he can leave on a bit of a high. The more games we give him the less for a decent manager to get us out of the shit. 

13 hours ago, allani said:

I think he needed 4 points from the last 3 matches before the international break to avoid being sacked - assuming that we didn't get hammered today by four or more goals.  The challenge now is to get results (and hopefully improved performances) in the next two games.  I don't think 2 draws will be seen as good enough - we need to win at least one of them.  Win both and maybe we can go into the international break with a bit of confidence and "reset".  I am not sure that I can honestly see us winning both so I would be surprised if Out isn't the final answer this month.  But should we only lose to Arsenal by 1 goal, draw with Man City (having come from behind) and then beat Leicester and Southampton - it would be a big and brave call to still sack the manager.

8 points from the first 8 matches would still be a poor start to the season, 10 points wouldn't be great but would probably have us close to mid-table so also wouldn't be a disaster, less than 8 would / should be completely unacceptable.  Even IF we were to get to the International Break on 10 points I still think we are only 2 bad results away from a crisis so the pressure would still be on big time unless the team can string together another 3 or 4 good results on the other side.

I don't think this league is easy to wash away a poor start in a few games.......If we continue with this mentality, we will move away from the danger zone.

I don't think this league allows you to correct  a few bad results, we a few good ones...it taks a gradual, raising of the bar,to get back in the groove.

I equally, don't think we can keep sacking managers after a spell in choppy waters, or we can rest on our laurels if we go on winning streak.

Success, is gradual and in this league a grind.....You don't blow teams away, unless you are exceptional, its an arduous path of gradual improvement.

This poor start, will not define our season, just as a few wins won't either.......He has to be allowed to get on with his job......and that means fighting back, when we are struggling, and taking the good times in his stride, and building on that even more.

A managers job, takes in so many aspects....it takes time, focus, and you have to be allowed to manage through adversity.

If we come through this poor start, he will be a better manager for it.

I saw those players, battling yesterday, on his watch....Bailey, came out in support of him as did JM, both new signings, mentioned him in their interviews.

We need to calm our jets a tad, and let him, or any manager........Manage.

I was reminded once when I was a manager........If everything is rosey, why do we need you?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Currently, I'm still Gerrard out.

However, if he win against Leicester I'll start singing a different tune and I'll definitely be Gerrard in again if we win against Southampton as well. I don't want us to see us losing either of the next 2 games or drawing both. He needs to not lose and win at least one of them for me to even want to give him another chance. Unfortunately, its not my decision to make whether he gets another chance anyway,