Gerrard in/out post-Man City?

StefanAVFC

Gerrard in/out post-Man City?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrard in/out post-Man City?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

The draw buys him more time but he cannot rest on his laurels and think that we have turned a corner.  Needs some consistency about the style and shape of the side and the pattern of play needs to become clearer.  No more false dawns. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Neither, it’s a “he shall continue to the next game” 

Your username sums it up. 

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly think these need a 3rd or 4th option.

Like " Let's see how the next 2 game go " 

With a black and white choice it would be pretty difficult for anyone to swing either way off of one result.

I'm reading "in" more as "Not sending the sack notice today." So if you're not out, you're in on this poll, or ... you don't take the poll. But it's a poll, not a Faustian contract, and I feel like it would be bad form to give a poll and not take others' polls on the same subject, after all. It's nice to capture a moment in fan feelings without having to make people wear a Villa scarf that reads human skin responses.   

"In" but with a giant, throbbing, slightly gloomy asterisk. With another win, the asterisk gets brighter and smaller. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

If we had a choice to get Poch then out. These big games aren’t the right games to judge a manager. Add to that the fact that we’ve put 3 big performances each time we played City under Gerrard.

The only good thing is he learned some of his mistakes, took him a while to do so. I don’t want us to wait and lose other winnable games for the sake of waiting.

Still out for me, but the next two games will be a test of his skills and if he wins both then maybe, just maybe, he might turn it around. I'm not fooled by one decent performance against a team that failed to put away their chances. 

• Like 3

I saw enough in todays game from us that we may just be about to click - or revert to type so **** knows … Bi-polar on Gerrard - I do think there’s a good football manager in the making if he learns to adapt, like today. But then also, he’s had long enough and we are tracking 1 point per game in 2022… So 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Still out for me, but the next two games will be a test of his skills and if he wins both then maybe, just maybe, he might turn it around. I'm not fooled by one decent performance against a team that failed to put away their chances. 

Seems perfectly fair-minded to me. 

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The Man City result does not matter if we lose to Leicester.

Can't argue with that. It's the most tired cliché of the year, "it's a must-win," but damn it, if it's true, it's true. Must win.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Still out. When the manager's position is basically on a rolling contract, just cut ties. Just like if we were to lose to City, I wouldn't base my decision on a draw or a win either. This type of game is way different to the vast majority of games we will play during the season that would be our bread and butter. We've already proven we can't perform in those. Why prolong this another game? I don't get it. It's going to be a soul-sucking next 2 weeks. 

• Like 2

I think he needed 4 points from the last 3 matches before the international break to avoid being sacked - assuming that we didn't get hammered today by four or more goals.  The challenge now is to get results (and hopefully improved performances) in the next two games.  I don't think 2 draws will be seen as good enough - we need to win at least one of them.  Win both and maybe we can go into the international break with a bit of confidence and "reset".  I am not sure that I can honestly see us winning both so I would be surprised if Out isn't the final answer this month.  But should we only lose to Arsenal by 1 goal, draw with Man City (having come from behind) and then beat Leicester and Southampton - it would be a big and brave call to still sack the manager.

8 points from the first 8 matches would still be a poor start to the season, 10 points wouldn't be great but would probably have us close to mid-table so also wouldn't be a disaster, less than 8 would / should be completely unacceptable.  Even IF we were to get to the International Break on 10 points I still think we are only 2 bad results away from a crisis so the pressure would still be on big time unless the team can string together another 3 or 4 good results on the other side.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

In, at the moment. 

Next six games are Leicester, Soton, Leeds, Forest, Chelsea and Fulham. 

First 6 games were Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, West Ham, Arsenal and City and we got just 4 points. Don't think it's really smart rolling the dice with the next 6. We've been here before.

• Like 4