Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Hats off to you, @messi11  Even if we can’t be always as happy clappy all the time, I don’t really see the point of joyless, snarky, self-congratulatory misery as a Villa supporter. I’d rather go pound nails into my dick.

I am happy to fantasise about Europe tonight. I know that next weekend and next will come, but I’ll take the joys while they last (which is usually not long).

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hats off to you, @messi11  Even if we can’t be always as happy clappy all the time, I don’t really see the point of joyless, snarky, self-congratulatory misery as a Villa supporter. I’d rather go pound nails into my dick.

I am happy to fantasise about Europe tonight. I know that next weekend and next will come, but I’ll take the joys while they last (which is usually not long).

You do know he is a sarcastic poster 😉

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

So the Media Darlings Eddie How's Newcastle turns out have been quite overhyped and are only 1 point above the terrible start to the season Aston Villa. Lets have a closer look at our top 8 rivals

West Ham- 3 points behind us
Leicester- 6 points behind us
Crystal Palace- 1 point behind us
Wolves- 1 point behind us
Newcastle- 1 point above us
Leeds United- 1 point above us
Brighton- 6 points above us

Not that bad right? 

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

So the Media Darlings Eddie How's Newcastle turns out have been quite overhyped and are only 1 point above the terrible start to the season Aston Villa. Lets have a closer look at our top 8 rivals

Not that bad right? 

It’s gladly looking better. Hopefully we keep getting these points with or without performances. We aren’t sure if Gerrard is even going to get sacked so atleast having points on board is important. Hopefully the board could see all issues with SG and act soon. Part of me thinks they don’t want to sack until they’re sure they agree with Poch for example (well that’s what I’d like to believe), the down side is if we’re waiting for a disaster to happen as it was with DS when we clearly looked hopeless. 
As much as football is about results, but judging a team or working on a sustainable improvement isn’t mainly about results. So what the difference of a win or a loss from yesterday? We were hopeless. Against Top 6 we can’t measure things as the whole counter attacking setup is a thing that any manager can do temporarily. The same mistakes are being done.

Anyway we need to keep winning points otherwise the season will be lost. 

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Not that bad right? 

It is interesting, many are predicting a much closer league.

Many have strengthened and only two are undefeated after six/seven games....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Not that bad right? 

Just wait until Leicester appoint Kjetil Knutsen.

• Sad 1

Now that we are going to play "pragmatic"football,the sky is the limit.We have already won our first game playing "pragmatic"football.

We are so good now that I actually think we should change "prepared"on our crest to "Pragmatic"

• Haha 2

On 03/09/2022 at 19:41, messi11 said:

Enough of the doom and gloom, For all the positive Villains out there like me, lets dream of European Football Next Season! 
I feel like we have the players for sure its just putting it together to make it tick. 

Can we do it? 

Stopped reading at Villains ????

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

3 points from 7th. 1 point from the top 10. Plus a easier swing in fixtures for us. Why everyone so worried? 

3 points from 19th as well.  

1 point per game average this season as well.

Carlos long term injured, Kamara potentially injured as well and thus the same team that finished with 9 points in the last 11 games of last season.

All going great especially with the new “pragmatic” dull football to watch.

Edited by nick76
  • Sad 1