Moment when you knew a Villa manager was done

KentVillan

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure about Lambert as I'd stopped paying attention to the games. I was getting more joy staple gunning my nob to the floorboards. 

15 hours ago, A38villan said:

Thought that was just me who did that

So lets get this right...........

A38villan was stapling Xela's knob to the floorboards while Lamberts ship was steadily sinking?

• Haha 3

For Sherwood it was the back 3 vs Stoke.

Smith I knew after the Watford game on opening day his time was up. He was already walking a thin line after a poor 2nd half of the previous season, and there was nothing in that performance to suggest he could get the best from this revamped squad, or that he would ever work it out.

Gerrard was done after Bournemouth too for the same reasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah, but it took the West Ham game to properly confirm it for me. Don’t get me wrong, the Bournemouth game was absolutely shocking, and certainly had me thinking things were a lot worse than I’d hoped, but the way the West Ham game was handled confirmed he had completely lost it. 

• Like 1

With Smith it was the West Ham 1 - 4 drubbing for me.

Mings had been benched for falling out with Smith, Konsa got sent of just into the 2nd half. West Ham battered us and Declan Rice ran the show. He was everywhere.

I was sat behind Brad Young who was in the first row of the Trinity but when the 3rd West Ham goal went in , him and his mate f#####d off and I thought yeah. We're done.   

Edited by CosmicVillan

55 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

So lets get this right...........

A38villan was stapling Xela's knob to the floorboards while Lamberts ship was steadily sinking?

It was still infinitely better than that Hull game...

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd seen enough in preseason to know he wasn't going to fix things, and so did plenty of others. There was some mockery for taking preseason games seriously, then what do you know, the same old shit against Bournemouth.

He was never going to be sacked after a game for several reasons, but yeah, it was clear as day that he was done, and we've jut been watching him circle the drain for a few weeks so that the club don't look stupid for sacking him "too early". 

• Like 2

• MON - Moscow...  Punting the UEFA cup  by playing kids so your senior squad can focus on the league was a disaster.  Our form fell of completely since then and his days were numbered.
  • Houllier - Heart attack announcement.  I liked Houllier and the direction he was taking us in, but knew instantly that he would no longer manage after his heart attack was announced.
  • McLeish - The first protest at VP after his announcement.  Was one of the worst decisions Randy Lerner ever made, and that's saying something.
  • Lambert - There wasn't one moment in particular.  Lambert's full reign as manager was like watching the club slowly circle the drain to relegation over the course of several years.  
  • Sherwood - The Leicester match where we blew a massive lead and lost the game.  The squad never played for him after that.  
  • Garde - After the first performance.  The players weren't playing for Sherwood and for sure weren't going to play for this clown.  They made that clear after that first match.
  • Di Matteo - TBH, I didn't watch much of us during his short spell.  Relegation turned me off football for a bit.
  • Bruce - You knew it was only a matter of time before Brucey got the sack after NSWE bought the club, but Whelan's penalty miss was the final nail in the coffin for him.  
  • Gerrard - West Ham away last season...  We just beat Brighton, Southampton, & Leeds without conceding, while using a consistent 11 and a formation which seemed to be working.  West Ham we pulled out a completely different formation again and got our teeth kicked in.  That was the moment I knew he clearly had no idea what he was doing and his days were numbered here. 
  • Thanks 3

For the folks who knew Gerrard was doomed at Villa before his parents met, I'm desperately impressed. For mugs like me, seeing Digne's face after the Martinelli goal in the Arsenal match made me feel like Gerrard is actually hurting our players. Lucas is still a youngish lad. He's been given an impossible role. I don't like watching that. MAybe that's surely hyperbole, but that's how I felt. Bailey, too. He tried so hard. Not always greats, but you can't say he wasn't trying with all he had. Gerrard's too-cool stroll off the pitch pissed me off. Ole would go right in front of his away fans and practically beg forgiveness. Gerrard was too cool for that. I don't like that. I will never like it, either.   

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:
  • MON - Moscow...  Punting the UEFA cup  by playing kids so your senior squad can focus on the league was a disaster.  Our form fell of completely since then and his days were numbered.
  • Houllier - Heart attack announcement.  I liked Houllier and the direction he was taking us in, but knew instantly that he would no longer manage after his heart attack was announced.
  • McLeish - The first protest at VP after his announcement.  Was one of the worst decisions Randy Lerner ever made, and that's saying something.
  • Lambert - There wasn't one moment in particular.  Lambert's full reign as manager was like watching the club slowly circle the drain to relegation over the course of several years.  
  • Sherwood - The Leicester match where we blew a massive lead and lost the game.  The squad never played for him after that.  
  • Garde - After the first performance.  The players weren't playing for Sherwood and for sure weren't going to play for this clown.  They made that clear after that first match.
  • Di Matteo - TBH, I didn't watch much of us during his short spell.  Relegation turned me off football for a bit.
  • Bruce - You knew it was only a matter of time before Brucey got the sack after NSWE bought the club, but Whelan's penalty miss was the final nail in the coffin for him.  
  • Gerrard - West Ham away last season...  We just beat Brighton, Southampton, & Leeds without conceding, while using a consistent 11 and a formation which seemed to be working.  West Ham we pulled out a completely different formation again and got our teeth kicked in.  That was the moment I knew he clearly had no idea what he was doing and his days were numbered here. 

What an amazing post. Thank you. Gives a whole history. Love it. 

bournemouth away this season

no other specific result really sticks in the mind as a time where i said "i want him out right now"

i had a hunch that southampton would be deano's last game but i wanted him to get a bit more time as he had a bit more credit in the bank for me

4 hours ago, John said:

Anyone who asked Deadly for money, who fell out with Deadly, or that Deadly thought the fans considered to be more Mr Aston Villa than he was...

All of them, in other words...

• Like 1

It was confirmed to me Gerrard was done in that interview about playing Man City earlier.

" We have shown we can compete with Man City, we caused them problems for 75 minutes last season".

Yeah last season Stevie, you know there striker has scored 9 in 5 this season already!

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It was confirmed to me Gerrard was done in that interview about playing Man City earlier.

" We have shown we can compete with Man City, we caused them problems for 75 minutes last season".

Yeah last season Stevie, you know there striker has scored 9 in 5 this season already!

In fairness to him, we really did look good against City last season. Despite losing, that was the game that gave me the most confidence in Gerrard. We deserved something out of it.

• Like 2

Â