119 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Summer 2022 Transfer Window

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poosr
    • Extra Poosr

3 minutes ago, jim said:

It was OK. Great start and we have improved the overall squad. Main disappointment is only adding two guaranteed starters and one of those being injured which was out of our control.

I think Leandro will surprise a few and Bednarek is a stop gap until Carlos is back. 

it’s a shame the new manager won’t have more to work with though.

Like a drunk sex session. 

Started off with a bang, high levels of arousement, exciting times to come, yet as the drink took effect, it ended up a limp, fumble in the dark leaving all involved a bit deflated. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

it is almost like this window just blew Villa completely off balance and that they did not expect what actually happened. We keep buying players in the 20-ish mill tier. Players this window have gone regularly for 40, 50, 60 and beyond. The spending from most other PL clubs seem to have just baffled Villa and we are not in any way competing. No way. We can't even sell players we do not want. Based on Sky Sports figures: Brighton are ca 95 mill in plus and looks better. ManCity is 50 mill i plus and IS better. Chelsea have spent ca 220 net, ManUnited ca 200 net. Bloody West Ham spent ca 150 net and Arabia Castle ca 120 net. Nottingham have too many ins and out for me to bother doing the maths but it is a substantial net spend. Villa? We have ca 20 net in spending. 20 million. Questions must soon be asked of the owners I am afraid, they cannot keep telling a tale of European ambitions and keep being totally outspent. Its not all about the money, I know, but seriously, we are on a different level unfortunately. 

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

it’s a shame the new manager won’t have more to work with though.

Whenever they come in they will have plenty to work with. On paper the squad is stronger than it was last year IMO. 

What are we playing at! Adding average players to our team of many already average players.
Why didn't we sign more players with the profile of Kamara- Young and exciting talents who ready for the first team. 
Why did we fail to bring in another quality midfielder when you can clearly see our midfield is struggling?

Very disappointing Window.  Signed Kamara, Coutinho and Carlos early to sell shirts and season tickets then we decided to give up
Depressing times.

3/10 

The transfer window started off looking so promising with all of the early activity of securing Coutinho, Kamara and Diego Carlos, and we were all excited as we were told our transfer targets would excite the fans. The second half of the window ended with a whimper, that when combined with our terrible form at the start of the season and us fans are within our rights to be concerned for the coming season. I am not blaming the owners just yet, as I do wonder whether we were hamstrung in our efforts by our bloated squad of players that we have struggled to move on.

It's hard to believe that Kamara signed on to the "Villa project" based on the signing of Coutinho and Carlos. So you would think he would have been expecting some more quality additions to have signed for us during the summer. I was hoping we would sign a top quality CM to play alongside Kamara, and a top quality forward to replace Ings or Ollie. We had a few links early on with the likes of Suarez and Jonathan David, which never really materialised into anything.

I would say average would be my mark for the window.

• Like 1

I still can't get my head round the Sarr thing.

We want a winger yet don't play wingers. Then we pull out of the deal, yet fail to bring in a similar player. 

So did we want a player like that or is Sarr the only player in world football with the attributes we wanted. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MentalM said:

I dont think the window has been bad.

Kamara and Carlos, good signing. Unlucky with injury

Coutinho also a reasonable signing with the price. Struggling mostly due to tactical setup I believe.

Olsen makes sense

Augustinsson, makes sense but cant judge yet.

Bednarek and Dendoncker are "boring" signings, however they both provide experience and are good at their specific roles.

However its so many weird choices going on at Villa tactically that I am still filled with apathy.

And why wasnt Archer loaned out when he cant get minutes at all???

Agree with most you say here.

For me, it’s hard for Archer but we had to keep him. We have no other back up.

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I still can't get my head round the Sarr thing.

We want a winger yet don't play wingers. Then we pull out of the deal, yet fail to bring in a similar player. 

So did we want a player like that or is Sarr the only player in world football with the attributes we wanted. 

Yeah, the Sarr fiasco nudges my Average vote a little towards Poosr. Not quite Poosr, but getting there. What an irritating drama that was.

• Like 1

Â