Rate the Summer 2022 Transfer Window   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Summer 2022 Transfer Window

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poosr
    • Extra Poosr

Forrest, Newcastle and Brighton all have better scouting than we do. West Ham had a very good window. Window gets 6/10, dendonkers not what we were told we were after. And other clubs around us signed players we could have got for what we needed. Bednareks also seriously underwhelming 

Edited by IrishVilla10

6/10 I think we did ok without it being as good as it could have been.

The Carlos injury was just bad luck and it could have changed what our transfer strategy was in the end.

A loss in confidence with Gerrard's ability to continue as our manager may have also changed our transfer strategy.

You can't really blame the owners for any of that !

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Forrest, Newcastle and Brighton all have better scouting than we do. West Ham had a very good window. Window gets 6/10, dendonkers not what we were told we were after. And other clubs around us signed players we could have got for what we needed 

I don’t think there is any money left tbh. We’ve blown all that on Bailey, Carlos, Digne, Coutinho, Kamara, Ings and their wages. 

• Like 1

Our scouting and signing of young players seems really good, but for the first team, it’s woeful. 

We’ve added one starter this season to a team that finished 14th last season. Couple that with the fact two of the three promoted clubs are giving it a real go and the teams around us last season have improved, we’re in a spot of bother. 

People think we’ll improve drastically when Gerrard leaves, I’m not so sure. We’ll improve, sure, but I’d bite your hands off for another 14th place finish this season. I’d be amazed if we finished any higher. The squad is all over the place in terms of balance and quality. The midfield will likely be a problem AGAIN this season. 

The club isn’t very well run on the pitch at all in my opinion. We spend a lot of money and go backwards. Tragic really. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Poor.

Dedoncker is an okay signing, but maybe not in the context of the fact we had a whole summer to fill that position and this is what we ended up with. 

Bednarek is purely a stop gap. 

Kamara and Carlos are the only signings who are worth getting excited about but one is injured. Coutinho has either suddenly fallen off a cliff or is woefully out of form. I hope it’s only the latter.

The rest are just squad fillers. 

Now all is said and done, I’m starting to doubt the idea that we have one of the best squads outside the stop six. 

Starting to doubt? Wow.

Good window. Kamara and Carlos are more than enough to take the window into positive territory. Our problem is still the Grealish money, which was not well spent. Sure, our depth is better, but we have no high impact players.

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

What’s wrong with Gerrard? He looks as though he’s about to cry! Just seen same pic on official Villa Twitter and he’s smiling in that. Perhaps Lange had Gerrard’s arm up his back!

Edited by PerryBarrPet
New info.
  • Haha 1

I dont think the window has been bad.

Kamara and Carlos, good signing. Unlucky with injury

Coutinho also a reasonable signing with the price. Struggling mostly due to tactical setup I believe.

Olsen makes sense

Augustinsson, makes sense but cant judge yet.

Bednarek and Dendoncker are "boring" signings, however they both provide experience and are good at their specific roles.

However its so many weird choices going on at Villa tactically that I am still filled with apathy.

And why wasnt Archer loaned out when he cant get minutes at all???

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

my problem with that picture is that its an indication of what is to come

when the inevitable happens and slippy finally gets the boot the narrative will be that the club didnt support him and buy the players that he needs to make his magical system work...the reality is his system is a myth and he is a terrible manager

3 minutes ago, MentalM said:

And why wasnt Archer loaned out when he cant get minutes at all???

if we play 2 up front then we need him as cover

why we play 2 upfront and why we keep subbing on bailey to play upfront when he's a winger over archer is another one on Gerrard

• Like 1

It was OK. Great start and we have improved the overall squad. Main disappointment is only adding two guaranteed starters and one of those being injured which was out of our control.

I think Leandro will surprise a few and Bednarek is a stop gap until Carlos is back. 

Â