Congratulations! You’re Villa’s new manager!

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I love your post, but in defense of the humour, it's way better than anything I ever imagined. People are seriously comedic.

We all need some humour given the way things are going...but I thought the question deserves to be taken seriously. It's easy to say, let's go hire Poch, but what is Poch or anyone else going to do given the situation?

• Like 1

1. Fine John Terry 2 week's wages for no reason and strip him of the captaincy. Make him train with the under 18s

2. Make an unpopular back up player captain and brusquely dismiss the squad's concerns in the team meeting they request

3. In forthcoming fixture against  Aston Villa, play a back 4 consisting entirely of goalkeepers, with all other players out of position. Play John  Terry in goal, ordering  him to make long runs  to the left forward position.  Storm out of press conference after  resulting 36-0 defeat and resign

Oh damn, it's  not FM2005 is it?

1. Immediately set a tone of culture within the club - also meaning a philosophy and style of play from the get go. No nonsense and straight to the point - " we live and die by this standard- work ethic, class, loyalty" (example). Bring that "Prepared" motto back with HIGH REGARDS and build off of it. 

2. Immediately revamp and overhaul the scouting/data analytics/sports science department - heavily invest in all. 

3. Hire a proper #2 as then I'd want some experience to put together what a real professional manager does as I feel I could do 1 & 2 myself along with a team, but 3rd - not a chance, so Potter or Poch will do 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TomC said:

We all need some humour given the way things are going...but I thought the question deserves to be taken seriously. It's easy to say, let's go hire Poch, but what is Poch or anyone else going to do given the situation?

Thanks. Hey, I thought so, too. But people may also just be kind of sick of my cringy bullshit, too. I know my teenage son feels that way lol. 

1. change music that the players come out to to something cool...for whom the bell tolls by metallica springs to mind

2. find out the villa park staff wi fi code so i can finally check my bets and FPL team during the game

3. get myself down snobs...i'm a football manager now, can have my pick

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

1. Rename a stand after myself.

2. Claim I invented the rabona.

Tried and tested.

Tried and tested indeed...Deadly Doug won more trophies than the last 3 owners have...

Actually why didn’t I think of the obvious

Pay a secret government biomedical facility in Nevada to genetically splice Emi Buendia, Danny Ings, and Leon Bailey so that Sir Christian Purslow’s Grealish replacement can finally be brought to life and played as an inside left

• Haha 1

1. Walk in the dressing room, and talk to the players like Robin Williams does in Good Will Hunting - "It's not your fault."

2. Put two formations on the whiteboard: 4-2-3-1 for away games / underdog, 4-3-3 attacking for games when we are the favoured / home team. Make clear that these represent our clear tactics for best utilising the squad of players we have at our disposal, and that the training over the next few weeks will help them to buy into what this entails.

3. Put two players at each position of the formations and say to them directly "I will play either of you depending on opposition and your own performance levels. Neither of you is guaranteed this shirt each week - but I value both of you and you're both essential for my squad this season."

Edited by Powehi
  • Like 1

1. Sure up our defense by playing both Martinez AND Olsen as goalkeepers

2. Sharpen up our attack by putting 5 up front: Traore, Ings, Watkins, Archer and Bailey

3. Hoof it forward to counter their midfield in our 4-0-5 formation (remember, we have 2 GK's).

9 hours ago, Powehi said:

1. Walk in the dressing room, and talk to the players like Robin Williams does in Good Will Hunting - "It's not your fault."

2. Put two formations on the whiteboard: 4-2-3-1 for away games / underdog, 4-3-3 attacking for games when we are the favoured / home team. Make clear that these represent our clear tactics for best utilising the squad of players we have at our disposal, and that the training over the next few weeks will help them to buy into what this entails.

3. Put two players at each position of the formations and say to them directly "I will play either of you depending on opposition and your own performance levels. Neither of you is guaranteed this shirt each week - but I value both of you and you're both essential for my squad this season."

Genuinely sounds good 👍 

9 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

1. Sure up our defense by playing both Martinez AND Olsen as goalkeepers

2. Sharpen up our attack by putting 5 up front: Traore, Ings, Watkins, Archer and Bailey

3. Hoof it forward to counter their midfield in our 4-0-5 formation (remember, we have 2 

Traore 😔

Â