Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We have good owners who understand football.  So this would not happen. 

I mean we've already done Gerrard. I hope that its a case of once bitten a thousand times shy! 

11 hours ago, delboy54 said:

All this talk of getting an experienced manager that has managed players at the highest level..........

We will end up with Safegate.......

I don't see the FA sacking Southgate, they'll point at his tournament record and not actually watch his football, the FA delegate will be too busy being balls deep in hookers, coke, champagne and caviar on some oil barons yacht in Qatar to pay any attention to how bad the football is

And when he does call it a day for the national team he'll move upwards, they'll put a suit on him and make him the new Trevor Brooking, no one knows what he actually does there but they make sure the TV cameras tell everyone that he's there 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see the FA sacking Southgate, they'll point at his tournament record and not actually watch his football, the FA delegate will be too busy being balls deep in hookers, coke, champagne and caviar on some oil barons yacht in Qatar to pay any attention to how bad the football is

And when he does call it a day for the national team he'll move upwards, they'll put a suit on him and make him the new Trevor Brooking, no one knows what he actually does there but they make sure the TV cameras tell everyone that he's there 

Indeed he’s been lucky with the draws we have and the exceptional quality of some of the players.

he is a terrible manager

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Indeed he’s been lucky with the draws we have and the exceptional quality of some of the players.

he is a terrible manager

Yeah I think fans see it for what it is

I'm not sure the FA will, semi final, final, NL finals, he's currently 2nd for highest win % (behind capello...) he'd need a disaster of a WC to get the boot and I don't think he will, this WC is another great draw and we'll get at least another QF

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Right, never mind the Villa job or the England job or whatever. How does one apply to become a FA delegate?

• Haha 2

To make things clear I was joking when I said about safegate as next manager at the Villa!......😊

Slightly off topic of getting a better job, I want to be on either the Olympic committee or with the lot who decide where the next world cup is going to be played.....all those jamborees, fine dining, first class travel around the world, bribes and brown envelopes....I would be up for that ....

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And when he does call it a day for the national team he'll move upwards, they'll put a suit on him

With big shoes and a bow tie that squirts water. Could be the most entertaining thing he’s ever done. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

To make things clear I was joking when I said about safegate as next manager at the Villa!......😊

Slightly off topic of getting a better job, I want to be on either the Olympic committee or with the lot who decide where the next world cup is going to be played.....all those jamborees, fine dining, first class travel around the world, bribes and brown envelopes....I would be up for that ....

As long as your morals are impeccable I’m sure you’d do a great job and fit in just fine. You’ll need an assistant of course to carry your Louis Vitton brief case and check all the “facilities” are up to scratch before you arrive………

• Like 1

Won't be popular but if we can't get a big name, I'd like to see someone like Dyche. Honest guy who hugely over achieved with that Burnley squad, even taking them to Europe. 

I'd want to see a better style of football than the one achieved at Burney and I'd want to see a more diverse group of players, not replying on ageing English pros. Both of these things I think we're more forced on him by lack of resources.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Won't be popular but if we can't get a big name, I'd like to see someone like Dyche. Honest guy who hugely over achieved with that Burnley squad, even taking them to Europe. 

I'd want to see a better style of football than the one achieved at Burney and I'd want to see a more diverse group of players, not replying on ageing English pros. Both of these things I think we're more forced on him by lack of resources.

I agree. He's underrated. He did actually have Burnley playing some decent stuff at times as well believe it or not.

IMO he'd be a very solid appointment.

Be extremely deflated and disappointed if we scour the world of football and land on Sean Dyche as our manager to lead us to European football and global growth as a club.

Probably be a solid choice if the aim is to avoid relegation thou.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope we have lined up pochettino come the Monday as can’t see gerrard getting anything at Leeds as much as I’d love a win, with him in charge I can see that aaronson for them dominating between the defence and midfield with no kamara 

19 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I hope we have lined up pochettino come the Monday as can’t see gerrard getting anything at Leeds as much as I’d love a win, with him in charge I can see that aaronson for them dominating between the defence and midfield with no kamara 

No doubt that the team who have had their manager their for four months less will look better coached and better prepared for the match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No doubt that the team who have had their manager their for four months less will look better coached and better prepared for the match.

Exactly and they lost both there best players in the summer and they still look better without either

32 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Exactly and they lost both there best players in the summer and they still look better without either

Helped that their CEO didn't go and blow £30m on a striker they didn't need as a response to losing their best player.

Leeds' transfers have been mostly brilliant since promotion IMO. They couldn't keep anyone fit under Bielsa and also had to baby him by getting the few he absolutely insisted on like Dan James. I think they'll do well over the next few years.