Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 hours ago, HolteExile said:

He sounded a bit flat and disillusioned about the club's lack of incoming deals this summer. Saying he hopes they will be in the hunt for European qualification, but that expecting progress from previous seasons is unrealistic.  

If the club decide to cash in on Fofana and/or Tielemans the time might be right for a parting of the ways. 

I would Love to see Rodgers get pissed off & leave.  He is very over rated & lacks any kind of defensive coaching ability.

Tielemans is going for sure & I expect Fofana to go to Chelsea for 85 big ones.  We have drifted sideways under Rodgers !!

37 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I would Love to see Rodgers get pissed off & leave.  He is very over rated & lacks any kind of defensive coaching ability.

Tielemans is going for sure & I expect Fofana to go to Chelsea for 85 big ones.  We have drifted sideways under Rodgers !!

Wanna swap? 🤣

Just now, pas5898 said:

There's a 5 week break in December, with a transfer window just after. There will the biggest of managerial merry-go-rounds in October / November. I hasten to add, if we are bottom half come then, Gerrard will be off. If a world class manager like Poch indicates her might be interested then that could be sooner. 

I just can't see a scenario where Poch would entertain joining us. Even for a £20m a year salary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

I just can't see a scenario where Poch would entertain joining us. Even for a £20m a year salary. 

Ancelotti went to Everton amd we have better owners/players than they had at the time

• Like 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

Why? Wealthy owners, several champions league quality players,  very promising youth team, world class facilities, playing in the best league in the world. 

A decent manager should see we're currently under performing and have more than enough infrastructure to improve significantly?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I think he would. Biggest league in the world, top class owners, infrastructure and a playing squad that can easily make top half. It's a great project.

• Like 2

Yeah if Poch were available (he is), and was interested (not sure, but I don't see why not) then we would be mad not get him in. He has proven pedigree in this league, and is the type of manager who could push us onto the next level. I am fed up of us keep trying to find the next big manager and spending a lot in the process. The most important cog in the wheel for us going forward is a top quality manager, as there is no point having all the gear but no idea on how to use it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah if Poch were available (he is), and was interested (not sure, but I don't see why not) then we would be mad not get him in. He has proven pedigree in this league, and is the type of manager who could push us onto the next level. I am fed up of us keep trying to find the next big manager and spending a lot in the process. The most important cog in the wheel for us going forward is a top quality manager, as there is no point having all the gear but no idea on how to use it.

These Manager vacancies and timings never seem to work out for us 🙄

Potter and Pochettino were actually my first choices after Deano left.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Absolutely. It's no good spending all this money on players if we don't have a very good manager to lead them. We have plenty of cash to flash - let's invest that in a manager. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These Manager vacancies and timings never seem to work out for us 🙄

Potter and Pochettino were actually my first choices after Deano left.

Yeah Poch was definitely unattainable back then, there was no chance he would leave PSG for us that may have changed now. Potter however may have been persuaded at that time but we would have had to fight dirty and prise him away from Brighton if we wanted him. If he is the man you want in charge though sometimes you have to play dirty like Deadly Doug did with Big Ron all those years ago, and make it happen.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

I've been saying it for years but if this club want's to really go places we need to spend the money on bringing a top name manager in. Until we do this we will continue to go round in circles. Rookie managers or has beens are just no good for a club trying to transition into contenders for European places.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I've been saying it for years but if this club want's to really go places we need to spend the money on bringing a top name manager in. Until we do this we will continue to go round in circles. Rookie managers or has beens are just no good for a club trying to transition into contenders for European places.  

Agreed. But we need it now rather than later, or we will be stuck in limbo for eternity.

Look at ManC. They progressed slowly with every manager they appointed after the takeover. 

We're not even close. We keep employing they same category managers over and over again 

11 hours ago, paul514 said:

if we keep losing I can see him out sooner than I thought originally.

Fingers crossed. He's just not the answer so I'd rather bite the bullet and get a proper manager in.

I feel very strongly that Gerrard is not the man for us. So as I said, bite the bullet, lose a few, to hopefully then win a lot more before our season is done for.

Not really that ridiculous IMO.