Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

Just now, villa89 said:

We won't be relegated, or be close to relegation. 

Erm… I’m yet to be convinced. I’m happy to give it 30ish more games before deciding though. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

We won't be relegated, or be close to relegation. 

We just got completely mirked by the worst team in the division yet you think we won't be relegated or anywhere close?

i wish i had your confidence.

We're not in the bottom three as it stands, and none of the bottom three have games in hand over us. Next week we play Everton in the early kick-off, need to get a win to put some distance between ourselves and the relegation zone, if we lose we would actually drop into it and that will be with the other teams besides Everton having a game in hand over us.

2 hours ago, daft said:

Anything's possible, including relegation. It's a long season. A good result against Everton and Palace and things can feel better.

Yes, good results against Everton and Palace and suddenly we’re ’chasing Europe’ like the fickle words removed we are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

We're not in the bottom three as it stands, and none of the bottom three have games in hand over us. Next week we play Everton in the early kick-off, need to get a win to put some distance between ourselves and the relegation zone, if we lose we would actually drop into it and that will be with the other teams besides Everton having a game in hand over us.

The way you’re analysing this, you’d think we were 20 games in.

Everyone’s ‘in distance’ of the relegation zone at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Below midtable with the money we have spent, we may aswell be relegation fodder. 

We are close to becoming one of those nothing teams.

We're a nothing team with the likes of martinez and coutinho habing spent hundreds of millions. Truly embarrassing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think I had us down for 17 points before the World Cup break with yesterday being one of the easiest points we can get

Everton was 2nd 😞

I think we will struggle to get 12 - 15 points.

Before the season I would have thought this thread utter madness...

Post Bournemouth, who knows? Remember Bournemouth were nailed on the bookies favourites for relegation; they will now have a huge confidence boost from their result against us.

Confidence is a massive factor in football, Villa look like they have none.