Injuries 2022/23 Season

villa4europe

The club have released this on social media

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'PITMPOO ×”×”×××—×—× ASP CITMCOO KRRAZE 2 FITNESS UPDATE AFTER MISSING THE FINAL PRE- SEASON FRIENDLY WITH STADE RENNAIS, BUENDÍA RETURNED TO TRAINING THIS WEEK IS AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION 10 EMI BUENDÍA MINGS ALSO MISSED THE FINAL FRIENDLY WITHA SLIGHT INJURY BUT HAS TRAINED ALL WEEK AND IS AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION 5 TYRONE MINGS CHAMBERS HAS TRAINED ALL WEEK AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION AFTER MISSING THE STADE RENNAIS FRIENDLY THROUGH ILLNESS 16 CALUM CHAMBERS'

don't remember them doing that before, i like it, the negatives would be some sort of conspiracy theory that declaring injured players gives the opposition an upper hand but i think you can weigh that out vs hopefully stopping unnecessary negativity when the team sheet gets released

in anticipation of mings and buendia being on the bench tomorrow and fans speculating mings is leaving and gerrard should be sacked if enough people see this then it should stop that kind of bullshit (and we are terrible for that kind of bullshit)

interesting to see how this develops

• Like 3

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'PITMPOO ×”×”×××—×—× ASP CITMCOO KRRAZE 2 FITNESS UPDATE AFTER MISSING THE FINAL PRE- SEASON FRIENDLY WITH STADE RENNAIS, BUENDÍA RETURNED TO TRAINING THIS WEEK IS AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION 10 EMI BUENDÍA MINGS ALSO MISSED THE FINAL FRIENDLY WITHA SLIGHT INJURY BUT HAS TRAINED ALL WEEK AND IS AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION 5 TYRONE MINGS CHAMBERS HAS TRAINED ALL WEEK AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION AFTER MISSING THE STADE RENNAIS FRIENDLY THROUGH ILLNESS 16 CALUM CHAMBERS'

don't remember them doing that before, i like it, the negatives would be some sort of conspiracy theory that declaring injured players gives the opposition an upper hand but i think you can weigh that out vs hopefully stopping unnecessary negativity when the team sheet gets released

in anticipation of mings and buendia being on the bench tomorrow and fans speculating mings is leaving and gerrard should be sacked if enough people see this then it should stop that kind of bullshit (and we are terrible for that kind of bullshit)

I said in another thread but this definitely feels like PR to dampen the disappointment when Buendia doesn't start instead of Coutinho. I'm for this kind of news, but just a shame the first time they've done it it relates only to players that would have had a valid shout to being in the starting 11. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

More helpful when we've had someone out for months after being supposedly only injured for "a couple of weeks".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I said in another thread but this definitely feels like PR to dampen the disappointment when Buendia doesn't start instead of Coutinho. I'm for this kind of news, but just a shame the first time they've done it it relates only to players that would have had a valid shout to being in the starting 11. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

More helpful when we've had someone out for months after being supposedly only injured for "a couple of weeks".

and Konsa starting ahead of Mings and Chambers :P 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah the admin would have had a torrid time explaining the ups and downs of Ross Barkley and JG return to fitness that season.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think because we've such a deep squad now it's good for us to tell who is fit and thus less chance for opposition to do their homework as I think we'll see lots of rotation this season. Picking players based on opposition etc.. If we keep them guessing who will start, how will they set up then that can give us a little edge

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think they did it because of all the rubbish being posted everywhere about Gerrard not fancying these players so didn’t take them to France. 

But all 3 played in the mythical Fulham game

Dan Bardell I think did suggest Mings was in France

It’s a great idea to keep fans updated on injuries but If someone is back in training and available I don’t think they need to let us know, I just want to hear updates on current injuries on those not available for selection.

Â