Taking 'the knee'

brummybloke

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

T9 be fair, to my ears the boo boys were defeated. Only heard clapping since the early days. 

It reared it's head again last season when people started booing it and said as a result it should be got rid of because it was causing upset. Which is just all the more reason for keeping it

“There should be something even if it’s not taking the knee”.

Whatever it’s replaced with will be booed by morons as well. The same after that. And after that. Etc…..

• Like 1

I’m glad it’s stopping, I don’t think it was something that should have just rolled on indefinitely.

It made a pretty powerful point but the longer it’s gone on the more diminished that point has become.

In my unqualified opinion.

• Like 1

Might as well get rid of it because apart from the commentators with the obligatory "and the players are taking the knee to highlight the fight against racism" no one takes any notice of it any more.

Keep it for the international matches as that highlights the countries with problems when they boo it, wasn't it proven that the majority of racial abuse on social media came from abroad? 

The UK fans that were against it don't even bother booing it anymore, it is just something that the players do before a game that takes a few second.

I agree with the less is more stance.

45 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

wasn't it proven that the majority of racial abuse on social media came from abroad? 

No.  That's what the good ol' mail started with and the line Southgate and the prem initially took without providing the methodology for their findings. Twitter analysis of the euros, during and after,  actually showed that the vast majority originated from within the UK.  

1 hour ago, Harkanon said:

No.  That's what the good ol' mail started with and the line Southgate and the prem initially took without providing the methodology for their findings. Twitter analysis of the euros, during and after,  actually showed that the vast majority originated from within the UK.  

Fair enough, I knew I'd read somewhere that it was mainly from abroad, that'll team me for reading the Mail I suppose.

I think the best way of dealing with racial bullies is naming and shaming them.  

If your publicity revealed as a racist it could destroy your reputation. E.g lose your job, have people turn on you etc. It might make people think twice. They still be hateful racists as doubt they will change but at least it would be kept more in house.

Obviously there will be exceptions for youngsters who do it as they wouldnt be in work

i applauded it every time but if the captains are happy to stop it then we have to respect that

the sad thing is all those in the daily mail comment sections rejoicing at the news

Â