Taking 'the knee'

brummybloke

So it seems the rules have changed regarding taking the knee

While I don't agree with the historic blank panther terrorist reasons for it, the symbolism can be charged to represent equality for everyone.

And I think that should be promoted and used by the Premier league to promote equality and continued to be used every game full stop.

While I don't agree with 12 year old boys identifying asbcoc pops or wtf they want to identify with, it should be used to stop racism, homophobic and sexism within football.

The Premier league has the power and influence to use it in a positive way and not a segregated way.

any thoughts ?

No problem if it stays. No problem if it goes. I respect those that want to do it and respect those that don't. We all have our own reasoning. What I could never respect was those that were offended and angered by it as racism is the only reason to feel that way, in my mind. I'm yet to hear of a convincing argument otherwise. Those people can go in the bin. 

• Like 4

I’m guessing a few ‘special’ individuals will definitely have views on this. I’m also guessing it will be about ‘JuSt PlAyInG DeViLs AdVoCaTe 🤪‘. 

I hope it stays just to wind up the bigots and the racists. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they should ask the players and managers how they feel about this before scrapping it

Do a consultation with it. Seems fairest way for me

It's the PL Players (or Captains) that decided to stop doing it I thought and the clubs then backed them

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

It's the PL Players (or Captains) that decided to stop doing it I thought and the clubs then backed them

Oh i didnt know that. Hmm i wonder if this was when mings was captain as i would be very suprised if he was opposed to it

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Oh i didnt know that. Hmm i wonder if this was when mings was captain as i would be very suprised if he was opposed to it

They aren't stopping it completely, just doing it in specific rounds not every match because they feel doing it every match loses its impact.

The OP says rules are changing, they are not, there never was a rule in the first place.

They will still do it before first and last game of season, Boxing Day and a few weekends that are already designated kick Racism out of football weekends.

The idea being that less has more impact

• Thanks 1

Do think it has lost it's impact or ran it's course, even thou the problem obviously hasn't.

Especially in games where there is black armband, silent minute or whatever if feels for a lack of a better word "redundant" .I don't think it should be a permanent part of every football game.

Nice to hear different views, for me there needs to be a permthing to remind people to chill and stop with the hate. It doesn't need to signify black or white ir Asian or what ever , it needs to signify chill the f out 

I remember playing Bradford and the chants of which as a child I joined In with , and any other club whose city or town was known  for having diverse people was equally lambasted.

As a fully grown adult I realise those popular and humorous ( at the time) songs were actually extremely offensive to people.

Taking the knee as I say can be changed from representing terrorism to representing a more inclusive population who love the sport and our club.

Still pissed by the way and on my 17th sex on the beach 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think it’s run it’s course as a way to highlight racism.

Something else can be done instead.

Yes, this is the way I see it and assume what drove the talks and ultimately the decision. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they should ask the players and managers how they feel about this before scrapping it

Do a consultation with it. Seems fairest way for me

Classic Dem😂

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Nice to hear different views, for me there needs to be a permthing to remind people to chill and stop with the hate. It doesn't need to signify black or white ir Asian or what ever , it needs to signify chill the f out 

I remember playing Bradford and the chants of which as a child I joined In with , and any other club whose city or town was known  for having diverse people was equally lambasted.

As a fully grown adult I realise those popular and humorous ( at the time) songs were actually extremely offensive to people.

Taking the knee as I say can be changed from representing terrorism to representing a more inclusive population who love the sport and our club.

Taking the knee never represented terrorism ffs :D 

I'm happy to see it gone in a "it's run it's course sort of way". But the more it's booed the more it should stay

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm happy to see it gone in a "it's run it's course sort of way". But the more it's booed the more it should stay

T9 be fair, to my ears the boo boys were defeated. Only heard clapping since the early days. 

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I think it's important that it represents one "area" rather than being diluted.  If you have taking the knee as anti-everything bad then people will invariably just shrug and pay little attention.  If you have it as anti-racism and people feel they should boo that message, then you're highlighting the issue that is still - sadly - so prevalent in society.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

"Black Panther terrorist reasons for it"

😆 

Will never understand why people reference this with taking the knee.

Presumably those who hold this view think Tyrone Mings is a terrorist sympathiser.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

"Black Panther terrorist reasons for it"

😆 

E884C253-AF89-42C5-9449-1FB1018207F6.gif

Â