Ask a random poster a random question, and see if they answer, by LapalFan xoxo

lapal_fan

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

@bickster busy night?

Standard answer: Why are you arsed?

I should point out that Taxi Drivers always view this question with high suspicion and never give a straight answer, If you answer that you have had a busy night, you've just put yourself in line to be mugged. Hence my always aggressive response

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I should point out that Taxi Drivers always view this question with high suspicion and never give a straight answer, If you answer that you have had a busy night, you've just put yourself in line to be mugged. Hence my always aggressive response

i got a cab from New Orleans to the airport in the early hours once  , I'd had a few and it was prime drunks being chucked out the bars time 

After innocently chatting to the driver a bit about how's it going been busy etc   , he then made a point of opening his glove compartment to show me his gun  , I guess  to say don't even think about mugging me  ...

I found it slightly strange because if I was thinking about mugging  him , I now knew where he kept his gun in the event I'd left mine in one of the numerous bars I'd been at 

It  became clear by the end of the journey , the drugs he'd been taking were impacting his brain far more than drink was impacting mine :)   

On 04/08/2022 at 12:25, bickster said:

Never thought of it like that. I just ask as small talk because the only thing I know about the man driving is that he’s a taxi driver, and letting him bitch about work seems safer than getting sucked into football or politics.

But now I know it’s a red flag for an imminent armed robbery, in future I’ll ask what he thinks of his car’s performance and whether he believes it would be capable of outrunning a police car / police helicopter.

• Haha 2