Passport problems

nick76

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Yeah but there is a fast track system where you can get a passport on the day if you’re willing to pay and turn up at the passport processing office.   Couldn’t he have just done that rather than the 2-3 month wait by posting his passport off like us commoners.

I don’t that service is available at the moment

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hippo said:

It is 

Are you sure? There are reports for ages that you can’t get an appointment through that service because they have stopped doing because they are short on staff and I just tried myself on the website as a test to book a face to face and it said there are no current availability 

Edited by nick76

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure? There are reports for ages that you can’t get an appointment through that service because they have stopped doing because they are short on staff and I just tried myself on the website as a test to book a face to face and it said there are no current availability 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/fast-track-uk-passport-what-7350647

Recent article.

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well I can’t imagine the club didn’t everything they could and still failed.  There are so many reports of people not being able to get a passport through the same services, it’s been featured on the news about it and the gov have commented on it so I don’t know what to tell you.  No way Critchley doesn’t go if there wasn’t a chance.

At the end of the day, he didn’t go, disappointing our coach couldn’t go in an important time but I don’t care enough to debate whether he could’ve got a passport or not. 

Edited by nick76

12 hours ago, hippo said:

It is 

Believe me, it wasn't through May and June. I checked every day for weeks trying to make sure I could make a friends stag do and not a single appointment became available.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Believe me, it wasn't through May and June. I checked every day for weeks trying to make sure I could make a friends stag do and not a single appointment became available.

Yeah - it seems the service is available - but the slots are taken so quickly.

It seems par for the course in the UK. Doctors apt + A+E etc etc.

26 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What I find weird is that someone in his position did not have a valid passport. No fault of the club; there must have been a collective sigh of `what the f@ck' from the club when they were appraised of the news.

I've had a valid passport my entire life...Except for the majority of the last 12 months. After covid subsided, when my passport had expired, I decided no point getting one at that time. They're fairly expensive, and I had no need for one. They weren't even accepting applications except for emergencies when mine expired so i had to wait a while regardless of the fact i was not planning to go anywhere. My job has sent me overseas in the past, but doesnt look like international travel is at all on the cards or ever likely to be again. So I didn't bother until I recently decided to go back on holiday. 

Fast forward 12 months from when it expired, and I had to wait 2 months for a renewal to be processed.

It's entirely possible he didn't expect to go overseas in his old job and had no plans to travel overseas with the world the way it is.  I doubt I or he would be unique in that position.  When the Villa job came up he may have started the process, but is at the mercy of a very slow passport office experiencing the highest volume of applicants ever. Had he been proactive and started this process immediately on getting the job, he'd still be waiting.

If he'd gambled hoping to get a same day slot, he'd have realised after a week of trying to book them that they just don't exist. It's really not that weird. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I've had a valid passport my entire life...Except for the majority of the last 12 months. After covid subsided, when my passport had expired, I decided no point getting one at that time. They're fairly expensive, and I had no need for one. They weren't even accepting applications except for emergencies when mine expired so i had to wait a while regardless of the fact i was not planning to go anywhere. My job has sent me overseas in the past, but doesnt look like international travel is at all on the cards or ever likely to be again. So I didn't bother until I recently decided to go back on holiday. 

Fast forward 12 months from when it expired, and I had to wait 2 months for a renewal to be processed.

It's entirely possible he didn't expect to go overseas in his old job and had no plans to travel overseas with the world the way it is.  I doubt I or he would be unique in that position.  When the Villa job came up he may have started the process, but is at the mercy of a very slow passport office experiencing the highest volume of applicants ever. Had he been proactive and started this process immediately on getting the job, he'd still be waiting.

If he'd gambled hoping to get a same day slot, he'd have realised after a week of trying to book them that they just don't exist. It's really not that weird. 

Its funny....that when we are privvy to folks full circumstances.....feasibility levels rise.

When we know nowt..."weird" is the go to word.

Edited by TRO

On 24/07/2022 at 11:37, allani said:

Not sure how that is the fault of the club.  The deadline for him applying for a passport and getting it back was before he joined us.  It would have been far more weird to not sign a head coach just because he didn't have a valid passport.

As it happens my son has had to apply for a passport at short notice.

It's going to take around 3 weeks 

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I don't understand what people are confused by here.

He didn't have an in date passport. He had no call for one with his previous job they were not doing money making preseason tours abroad were they.

He obviously didn't need one personally for holidays. The villa job came about quickly. The preseason your was already booked in Australia and France. The wait for passports is months and months. Just because we are a football club doesn't mean we get preferential treatment to get a passport quicker. It's that simple.

It's not months and months. It's about 3 weeks.

Go on line and check the Apt slots for a 1 week passport.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

It's not months and months. It's about 3 weeks.

Go on line and check the Apt slots for a 1 week passport.

Just because you haven’t experienced the issues, doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

My daughters passport expired during Covid and as we couldn’t go anywhere I didn’t race to replace it an expensive item with a shelf life. Booked a holiday earlier this  year so submitted the application in April. Still hadn’t had it returned by late June. No slots to go and physically get it. They weren’t available. Called to query, had to wait a week for a call back then they called me back and put me on hold for 2 hours. Told me it had been authorised but waiting verification and printing  eventually got it back 2 weeks ago well outside of the 12 week target.

I imagine they’ve done the bulk of the summer applications now so maybe returning to normal delivery times but it was very definitely a genuine issue only a few weeks ago and there were no in person appts available.

TLDR: who cares what the turnaround times are now, the delays were occurring when Critchley was hired and pre the Oz trip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

As it happens my son has had to apply for a passport at short notice.

It's going to take around 3 weeks 

One of my work colleagues has just had to cancel his summer holiday. His entire family applied for new passport’s in March. They have all arrived apart from one for his daughter which is still pending. I wouldn’t believe everything you are being told there. Maybe tell your son to hang fire on plans if possible.

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

One of my work colleagues has just had to cancel his summer holiday. His entire family applied for new passport’s in March. They have all arrived apart from one for his daughter which is still pending. I wouldn’t believe everything you are being told there. Maybe tell your son to hang fire on plans if possible.

It's the one week express service. But there are only so many slots available.

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

My wife’s been waiting 9 weeks now. Summer holidays ruined. 

Back on topic, I assume he would have at least got an extra day with the players that didn’t travel to France.

Â