Weekends Football 29/31 July/Midweek Football 1 August

andykeenan

13 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

The number 44 for Burnley is a talented player.

Seen him play against our u23s last season and while I thought he could make it as a pro I didn't expect him to breakthrough in the championship this season. Tyreik Wright would be ahead of him in the international setup for now.

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm a bit worried now, knowing you like to knock one out over balding middle aged men 😉

Aw come on, you know I stroke it to Councillor/Counselor Troi ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

But it’s also DEFINITELY more not the weekend. So where else should it go?

Let's just ban the poster, would save us all the effort. 

• Haha 1

In 60 days Kompany has gotten Burnley BURNLEY to look like a team with a philosophy and a style they want to achieve. I wish to god Gerrard could learn that. They didn't look great or perfect...but a massive change from Burnley last season

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

In 60 days Kompany has gotten Burnley BURNLEY to look like a team with a philosophy and a style they want to achieve. I wish to god Gerrard could learn that. They didn't look great or perfect...but a massive change from Burnley last season

It's easier to do pre season and for a league where the opposition does not punish every mistake.   

Gerrard took over mid season when the team was struggling better to judge him this season.

Burnley looked as good as Huddersfield were terrible.

It will be interesting to see how they fair against other opposition.

I'll give Kompany credit though it was a very mature Man City like performance. They pressed well as a team and there was a lot of cohesion in their play. The players he selected suited the roles in the system and this included playing a youth team player who didn't even have a squad number. 

Really Burnley should have won by 3 or 4 goals. I thought they played some really good football but an issue could be scoring goals. But I expect them to be there or there about in the promotion stakes. 

Â