Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

We want 18M for Gareth Barry and Liverpool are the only club willing to pay anything remotely close to that sum.

He is currently unfit and not even in our team for the Intertoto draw against Odense.

Liverpool are in no rush to get him, they have superior players in Gerrard and Mascherano, as well as Lucas who is a good player.

Does MON think he can wait around and still get 18M come late August?

Scenario: Liverpool doesn't bid and we have a very unhappy Barry in August, what will happen then???

Good post, this for me goes alongside those fans who will undoubtedly boo him tonight (they pays their money they can do what they want). As that will unsettle the palyer further and he may actually not want to play for us again and sit in the stands his value will drop like a stone and we still have no replacement - we lose out.

Final Offer if it exists simply has to be taken as MO'N (and it seems some fans) are not prepared to let him back.

Hmm didn't Reo-coker do the same when at West Ham when he stated he wanted to go to Arse, they never bid and he stayed?

OS reporting Barry could be back for tonight

Does this article seriously suggest that there will be senior players rested. That is a pretty bloody poor state of affairs given that we need to rest players before the season has started. Hate to think what the state of play will be in January.

He either cheers up or loses his England place. Which would make him a lot lot more unhappy than he is right now.

exactly

Barry has been playing first team football for over ten years and has finally cemented a place in the england squad, if the liverpool deal falls through and he wants either of those things to continue then he must turn that frown upside down.

Spot on ! H e wont want to risk his England place, so until Plop or the arse :winkold: come up with the right cash, he must stay and play, and get some stick,

exactly - there is a world cup in 2 years - shame if he missed out in our reserves:) He has more to lose than Liverpool or Villa - well done Rafa, Alex Black, Stephen Gerrard - you may well have truly blown this fella's international career - and unless £18m is met - then there is only one player who can turn it round and thats Gareth himself with performances and grovelling...but he should never be captain again, even with injuries

OS reporting Barry could be back for tonight

Does this article seriously suggest that there will be senior players rested. That is a pretty bloody poor state of affairs given that we need to rest players before the season has started. Hate to think what the state of play will be in January.

Give over.

It's not a rest because they're exhausted. It's always the way in any football club's pre-season. Players are rotated and rested. Happens from local football all the way up to Champions League sides.

Check out any pre-season fixtures we've had and it's always been the same.

i still dont think that would cut it... i think his relationship with MoN will never br the same again. IF,,and its a big if, Gareth stays im sure he will be proffesional about it and work hard, like people say, he has his england place that he has fought so hard for at stake. But i dont think he would be a starter, the first couple of months he would be used as a bit part player if at all..I have already said this, but if he stayed i would give him the number 18 shirt (18 mill and all that), then would not use him until Liverpool home... 3rd game in.. and tell him, today you prove how sorry you are.

Do you really think Barry is going to try in any of these games? He won't risk getting injured, anymore than Yorkie did a few years ago when we played at Everton.

Do you think that Barry wants to risk sitting in the stand for two years too? I don't think so. Has he asked for a transfer yet, or does he want his loyalty payment? That will be several million.

Barry wants out. At £17m (£16m plus Finnan) plus Barry asking for a transfer and thereby bot being paid off by Villa, get rid.

To be honest, from a legal perspective, I would have thought his paper talk and other comments constitute a verbal request for a transfer and under the eyes of the law, a verbal contract is just as binding as a written one. The only difficulty is proving it which in this instance should be easy.

A while more and we probably will be forced to accept it, the way transfers are going. The fact that we still can't seem to get in a right back or even been linked to a decent one (all the decent links have been dispelled) means that we'll have to settle for Finnan whether or not the deal makes Barry slightly undervalued or Finnan overvalued.

we can and could make an independant ofer to liverpool for Finnan in cash - which would help them buy Barry for cash ...its getting a bit silly really..Rafa wants a top of the range Volvo but wants to pay for a ford focus over 3 years-

They wanted £10m for Carson and accepted £3.5m. They now want £2m for Finnan. Offer them £600,000 cash, split over two years. Would make a good back-up.

Â