Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

What I would say is that O'Neill is walking a bit of a tightrope. Although he has every right to demand the full asking price, if his unwillingness to negotiate is purely a matter of pride and principle, it'll be the player who suffers and unfairly so, in my opinion.

I wonder if your sympathy for Gareth would be the same if lets say Man Utd came in for your captain, hes head was turned but then Man Utd wouldn't pay the asking price. Would you then be saying oh lets just lower our asking price our poor captain is now suffering its not fair on him boo whoo.

I didnt say anybody should lower the asking price, I'm just saying the player is suffering unfairly. Not that I expect you to be sympathetic because you are quite right - I wouldn't be either.

I'm just saying the player is suffering unfairly.

i don't think the player is either suffering (at this moment) or suffering unfairly.

Unless of course you are of the school of thinking that believes Ronaldo to be some sort of Slave at man united.

barry either leaves Villa for Liverpool or someone else, or he stays at VP and gets his head down.

why would he be suffering? Are we abusing him? Did he willingly enter a 4 year contract with us, for which he gets handsomely paid?

Has he even put in a written transfer request?

suffering my arse.

You seem to want to paint O'Neill and Villa as the only bad guys in this whole deal.

Absolutely not true. All I do is offer an alternative to the general consensus around here that the sun shines out of O'Neill's arse.

Hold your horses guys.

If you were to ask Gareth Barry who is damaging his career the most, I think his answer would be Martin O'Neill, don't you?

I'm talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view, not Villa's or Liverpool's.

What the ****? He is contracted to the Villa.

If he don't like that, he can stick a transfer request in. He hasn't.

Okay, I'll type it in bold then.

I'm talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view, in response to a poster who was also talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view.

Clear?

Are you Gareth Barry? No? Then why are you so convinced that you know what he is thinking? No amount of shouting on this board is going to convince me that you are more than just another presumtuous ITK, and an ITK for another team at that. This is a Villa board Respect that at least.

As I said, if Barry thought his career was turning to shit faster than it would by hiring Sir Clive Sinclair as his personal trainer, all he has to do is put in a transfer request. He hasn't done that, so he clearly isn't willing to burn all his bridges just yet.

I imagine that Gareth Barry is kicking himself for signing a four year contract that he can't get out of easily. If he had not tried to get himself a transfer to Liverpool, his career would be doing fine - with a team on the up, and breaking into the England side again. Who is doing most damage to Gareth Barry's career? Gareth Barry.

He could be doing a hell of a lot worse than playing for Villa, that's for sure.

But it's difficult to argue that he doesn't know himself what's best for his career.

Now consider what I posted earlier:

Have you not read enough of this site yet to understand MON and Randy's FIVE YEAR PLAN?

Where does selling a player we want to keep fit into that?

Sorry, but you are having delusions of grandeur now. Two years ago Barry was miles away from England and a 'top four' club would have not looked twice at him. MON worked on him and what you see now is a massively improved product. He signed a FOUR year deal in 2006. MON planned the team building and progress with that four year deal in mind.

Are you going to continue to argue blind and specualte wildly or are you willing to join a sensible debate?

I'm just saying the player is suffering unfairly.

i don't think the player is either suffering (at this moment) or suffering unfairly.

Unless of course you are of the school of thinking that believes Ronaldo to be some sort of Slave at man united.

barry either leaves Villa for Liverpool or someone else, or he stays at VP and gets his head down.

why would he be suffering? Are we abusing him? Did he willingly enter a 4 year contract with us, for which he gets handsomely paid?

Has he even put in a written transfer request?

suffering my arse.

"Suffering" was probably a poor choice of word.

But there is no doubt Barry's ambition is being hampered at this moment by his club's unwllingness to negotiate. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's how it is. Of course, you could argue his ambition is being hampered by Liverpool's failure to meet the valuation but we aren't a million miles apart, are we? You'd struggle to convince me O'Neill's unwllingness to negotiate at all is anything other than a matter of pride and principle after the way the whole episode has played out.

And you can consider the NOWT interview to be his transfer request.

You'd struggle to convince me O'Neill's unwllingness to negotiate at all is anything other than a matter of pride and principle after the way the whole episode has played out.

I agree with this and we know what pride comes before...

But there is no doubt Barry's ambition is being hampered at this moment by his club's unwllingness to negotiate. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's how it is. Of course, you could argue his ambition is being hampered by Liverpool's failure to meet the valuation but we aren't a million miles apart, are we? You'd struggle to convince me O'Neill's unwllingness to negotiate at all is anything other than a matter of pride and principle after the way the whole episode has played out.

So you're saying we should drop the price. Why should Barry cost less than Mascherano, Hargreaves or Carrick? It is the going rate for a player of that calibre in that position. Do you not understand this?

You and I both know that is bollocks. Please try harder, your clearly appraent lack of applied knowledge is bringing down the level of intellect on the board.

You'd struggle to convince me O'Neill's unwllingness to negotiate at all is anything other than a matter of pride and principle after the way the whole episode has played out.

£18m

or Allan do you think we should have excepted below what we think Barry is worth especially how the scum in scouse land have acted ?

so exactly ho do you think the club (for sure Lerner agrees 100% with MON) could have handled it any better considiring all the stuff from there ....

Then why are you so convinced that you know what he is thinking?

It isn't rocket science, is it? Jesus wept. I'm hardly predicting what he wants for his dinner.

You're putting words in another man's mouth. That is speculation, not discussion.

I could say "Barry is a happy man at Aston Villa who most probably believes he will be captain of the club for the following five seasons. He's also having fish fingers for tea." and it wouldn't carry an ounce more credibility than your bullshit.

and prejudice?

(in the name of love)

:winkold: 8)

This is the whole point though, surely isn't it? If he really feels his career is suffering and his desperation to leave is soooo great, why hasn't he handed in a written transfer request. This would bring the whole matter to a swift conclusion, as we wouldn't then have to pay off his contract, and thus could negatiate a lower fee with Liverpool.

However, this would cost him (and his agent) in the region of £3million, so it would appear that his greed has a higher priority in his mind than his ambition.

I believe there is a stong element of truth in this statement. The words stubborn and obdurate spring to mind. There appears to be no flexibility at all from MOn over this whole thing - hence why it may collapse.

of course you can. So why not make it official, if he wants to leave that much. Make it official, waive your fee/bonus to get your move.

this bit confuses me.

So you're saying we should drop the price. Why should Barry cost less than Mascherano, Hargreaves or Carrick? It is the going rate for a player of that calibre in that position. Do you not understand this?

Sorry - who's putting words in who's mouth? Nobody said anybody should drop the price.

You and I both know that is bollocks. Please try harder, your clearly appraent lack of applied knowledge is bringing down the level of intellect on the board.

You can think it's bollocks if you want but then you obviously know **** all about law and just made yourself look a bit silly.

£18m

or Allan do you think we should have excepted below what we think Barry is worth especially how the scum in scouse land have acted ?

so exactly ho do you think the club (for sure Lerner agrees 100% with MON) could have handled it any better considiring all the stuff from there ....

Missed the point, I know the price we keep telling everyone, however to not even discuss other deals seems to be to be a stubbornness on MO'Ns behalf. I don't really care about Barry's career I do care that we could well end up with the worst of this - no money to replace someone who wants to leave and thus the squad is reduced further. No amount of debate will ever convince me the Sidwell is (and was bought as) the replacement for GB.

Randy's support is a moot point in this, I really cannot see why you put that in.

Why should Villa negotiate? Liverplop know the price, and considering your team 'tapped up' Barry I'm surprised Villa are even entertaining the notion of selling. Manure are saying that Ronaldo is not for sale when the evidence points to the fact that he would want to leave!

That's hilarious! I think you'll find this has to be in writing to the club itself.

because allan, all the reports indicate Randy is 100% behind this

and we don;t need the money for Barry so if his value goes down, so be it, principles are sometimes more importnat than money

Randy has proved this at villa, the browns and in his own personal life.

Â