Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

i think the fans got their feelings off their chest - expect humble pie from mr Barry - Rafa, Gerrard and Alex Black have lost him his captaincy and potentially his participation in the world cup - well done you rocket polishers -

It depends on your point-of-view, doesn't it?

If you are talking in terms of Barry's career, you could say O'Neill is denying him the right to play at the highest level of club football and enhance his chances of playing at the world cup.

i think the fans got their feelings off their chest - expect humble pie from mr Barry - Rafa, Gerrard and Alex Black have lost him his captaincy and potentially his participation in the world cup - well done you rocket polishers -

If you are talking in terms of Barry's career, you could say O'Neill is denying him the right to play at the highest level of club football and enhance his chances of playing at the world cup.

Or you could say O'Neill is protect him from being misuesed and thus dropped from the England team.

You could say Barry might have now looked at Liverpools pathetic attempts to sign him and realised the grass isn't greener.

You could say lots of things I'll say I and the majority just want it sorted.

You think Mon should just sell him for less than he believes he is worth then just so Barry can achieve the maximum from hes career?

By that logic Benitez should get on the phone to Alex Ferguson and say I've got a couple of players here, Torres and Gerrard, you can have them for 10 mill a piece as I'd like them to win a couple of league titles before they retire.

Are you suggesting again that we should sell any player who is subjected to a derisory bid?

Have you not read enough of this site yet to understand MON and Randy's FIVE YEAR PLAN?

Where does selling a player we want to keep fit into that?

Sorry, but you are having delusions of grandeur now. Two years ago Barry was miles away from England and a 'top four' club would have not looked twice at him. MON worked on him and what you see now is a massively improved product. He signed a FOUR year deal in 2006. MON planned the team building and progress with that four year deal in mind.

The FSW is **** with Villa's planning now and it looks to me like that is what he is also doing to Spuds. Trying to damage the competition by illicit methods.

Hold your horses guys.

If you were to ask Gareth Barry who is damaging his career the most, I think his answer would be Martin O'Neill, don't you?

I'm talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view, not Villa's or Liverpool's.

By that logic Benitez should get on the phone to Alex Ferguson and say I've got a couple of players here, Torres and Gerrard, you can have them for 10 mill a piece as I'd like them to win a couple of league titles before they retire.

Excellent point there. Can't wait for Redman's response... :lol:

Hold your horses guys.

If you were to ask Gareth Barry who is damaging his career the most, I think his answer would be Martin O'Neill, don't you?

What the ****? He is contracted to the Villa.

If he don't like that, he can stick a transfer request in. He hasn't.

Hold your horses guys.

Oh well that's all right then. Because Gareth Barry would be a nice, unbiased person so ask about this situation...

Hold your horses guys.

Okay, I'll type it in bold then.

I'm talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view, in response to a poster who was also talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view.

Clear?

Hold your horses guys.

I'm talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view, in response to a poster who was also talking from Gareth Barry's point-of-view.

Clear?

I imagine that Gareth Barry is kicking himself for signing a four year contract that he can't get out of easily. If he had not tried to get himself a transfer to Liverpool, his career would be doing fine - with a team on the up, and breaking into the England side again. Who is doing most damage to Gareth Barry's career? Gareth Barry.

Hold your horses guys.

Clear?

I imagine that Gareth Barry is kicking himself for signing a four year contract that he can't get out of easily. If he had not tried to get himself a transfer to Liverpool, his career would be doing fine - with a team on the up, and breaking into the England side again. Who is doing most damage to Gareth Barry's career? Gareth Barry.

He could be doing a hell of a lot worse than playing for Villa, that's for sure.

But it's difficult to argue that he doesn't know himself what's best for his career.

Hold your horses guys.

Clear?

He could be doing a hell of a lot worse than playing for Villa, that's for sure.

But it's difficult to argue that he doesn't know himself what's best for his career.

I suppose that also depends on the future as well I mean if he gets very little playing time at Liverpool or Liverpool go on a slump and end up fifth (say for arguments sake Everton get fourth) then Rafa maybe sacked, Torres might leave....and the new manager doest like Barry.....then Gareth Barry has gone from a club that he is a hero at, the manager loves and he's the captain of, also he is playing for England......so he has ruined his career.....

I mean look at the players it's happened to.......where it hasnt improved their careers

Bosnich from Villa to Man U

Sidwell

Kewell

Shevchenko

Darren Bent

Jeffers

and these are just a few, and I agree there are successes as well.....but who knows until you have hindsight whose ruining whose career....MON is just stalling Barry's

****, I've just realised how important a role Barry plays at this club. I was flicking through some old highlights of us on youtube such as: Villa v Inter Milan and Villa v Columbus Crew, and Barry is behind nearly everything in all the goals! If he stays I will be glad. Let's turn down the offer.

Hold your horses guys.

Clear?

I suppose that also depends on the future as well I mean if he gets very little playing time at Liverpool or Liverpool go on a slump and end up fifth (say for arguments sake Everton get fourth) then Rafa maybe sacked, Torres might leave....and the new manager doest like Barry.....then Gareth Barry has gone from a club that he is a hero at, the manager loves and he's the captain of, also he is playing for England......so he has ruined his career.....

I mean look at the players it's happened to.......where it hasnt improved their careers

Sidwell

Kewell

Shevchenko

Darren Bent

Jeffers

and these are just a few, and I agree there are successes as well.....but who knows until you have hindsight whose ruining whose career....MON is just stalling Barry's

History shows us that the grass isn't always greener.

Whether or not Barry makes the best decisions for his career, it's still his career and those decisions should be his to make. But of course, there is more to consider than just what Gareth Barry wants.

What I would say is that O'Neill is walking a bit of a tightrope. Although he has every right to demand the full asking price, if his unwillingness to negotiate is purely a matter of pride and principle, it'll be the player who suffers and unfairly so, in my opinion.

Hold your horses guys.

Clear?

Sidwell

Kewell

Shevchenko

Darren Bent

Jeffers

Whether or not Barry makes the best decisions for his career, it's still his career and those decisions should be his to make. But of course, there is more to consider than just what Gareth Barry wants.

What I would say is that O'Neill is walking a bit of a tightrope. Although he has every right to demand the full asking price, if his unwillingness to negotiate is purely a matter of pride and principle, it'll be the player who suffers and unfairly so, in my opinion.

Are you still on that line about MON unwillingness....geez no wonder I havent read the barry threads for ages.....MON set a price a long time ago, told Liverpool....Liverpool havent met....end of story.......he even tried to help by, his words, putting a proposal back to Liverpool which unless I have missed something Liverpool havent responded to yet.....

Liverpool have always known the score!!!!! They know the price they either want to pay it or they dont.

Also isnt Rafa damaging Barry's career??? from Barry's point of view. Somehow some time ago Barry found out Rafa wanted him, he like the idea of going to Liverpool and thus his mind wandered....He thought it would only be time before he goes, Villa set a price which everybody estimates is 18m, Rafa continues to bid nowhere near that.....

Rafa wanted him on the cheap, he has made an England International, a club captain and hero at a club going places....into a player that is booed, has no future currently unless the said Rafa pays up and thus could be sitting on the Villa bench for a while longer and if his move doesnt happen then it will take a very long time for him to get back in the team and even more debatable if the Villa fans will accept him back......

So in some ways if Rafa doesnt pay the asking price, which he has known for some time then surely he is also damaging Barry's career from barry's point of view????? Rafa just wanted a cheap deal and cam up against MON

I wonder if your sympathy for Gareth would be the same if lets say Man Utd came in for your captain, hes head was turned but then Man Utd wouldn't pay the asking price. Would you then be saying oh lets just lower our asking price our poor captain is now suffering its not fair on him boo whoo.

I disagree entirely. As it happens I don't actually blame him for fancying a move, it's a gamble to expect us to be in the champions league before he retires and I don't blame him for fancying a crack at it. I just despise the way he's gone about it.

But with regards to the quote, history provides countless examples of players (often manipulated by their money-grabbing agents) who think they know 'what's best for their career' but turn out to have made entirely the wrong decision. As Simon Jordan pointed out a week or two back, our very own Wayne Routledge is an example.

O'Neill's ability to negotiate has been impaired by the actions of first Benitez (for leaking the initial derisory offer to the Liverpool Echo), and by Barry (for his ill-advised rant to the NOTW) who want to conduct negotiation in full public view. Any tightrope O'Neill may be walking is not entirely of his own making.

You seem to want to paint O'Neill and Villa as the only bad guys in this whole deal, on the basis of your unfounded assumption that O'Neill is spitefully acting out of pride and principle. In any case, Barry and O'Neill shook hands on a contract two years ago - Barry wasn't coerced - so if he wants to be fair to Villa he should see out his contract as a matter of principle.

In the end it's a three-sided deal and has to be fair and beneficial to all sides, not just Barry. I hope the silence means that Barry and Benitez are now behaving fairly with Villa, and conducting their private business in private.

Â