Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

I still don;t get him, all he has to do in my view is to hand in a transfer request

but he would lose money but if he is desperate to get away .....

Legally, Barry's NOWT interview probably amounts to a transfer request anyway and gives Villa the right to withhold any payout that might be due if they so wish..

Still, if any of you want to use Barry's greed as a excuse for his desire to leave, don't let me stop you.

Even if he did hand in a transfer request it wouldn’t change the fact Liverpool aren’t meeting our valuation of the player so what difference would it make? It appears Alonso is staying at Liverpool anyway so I hope all the shit this summer can be forgotten and Barry can carry on playing good football for us. Minus the captains armband of course.

no you miss it, it is a thory his greed is the one thing that could loosen it up

you know if he handed in an official TR that would be around £1.5m he would reduce the trasfer fee by and likely to meet Plop's bid

job done ...

Even if he did hand in a transfer request it wouldn’t change the fact Liverpool aren’t meeting our valuation of the player so what difference would it make? It appears Alonso is staying at Liverpool anyway so I hope all the shit this summer can be forgotten and Barry can carry on playing good football for us. Minus the captains armband of course.

If Liverpool buy him for £18m and he doesn't hand in a transfer request he is entitled to around £2m of the fee, meaning Villa get £16m.

If he hands in a transfer request he loses the right to any pay off, but Villa would then be in a position to accept a bid of £16m as we would be no worse off.

It just comes down to how much he wants the move or how greedy he is.

no you miss it, it is a thory his greed is the one thing that could loosen it up

you know if he handed in an official TR that would be around £1.5m he would reduce the trasfer fee by and likely to meet Plop's bid

job done ...

No court in the land would order Villa to pay Barry his contract settlement after the NOWT interview.

Official or not, his transfer request was made weeks ago.

Maybe I'm just kidding myself, but I just think there's more to Barry playing tonight. Maybe the Liverpool deal is looking less likely as we all think. I don't know. If Villa really thought he was gonner, why would we play him? Why would we risk it? I just don't see the logic.

Maybe I'm just kidding myself, but I just think there's more to Barry playing tonight. Maybe the Liverpool deal is looking less likely as we all think. I don't know. If Villa really thought he was gonner, why would we play him? Why would we risk it? I just don't see the logic.

i agree 100% jas,i think he's staying now..i think we have priced him out of the move in a way tbh..and im glad we did,this will show the sky 4...

Yeah, it's all gone very quiet since Juve signed Poulsen and declared they had no interest in signing Alonso anymore.

No doubt Liverpool will come in the day before our game against Man City and try their luck again, and we have a complete shocker!

If he plays any part on Saturday - it will show me that Liverpool aren't looking likely to get him anytime soon, and also - O'Neill has had talks with him and deemed him fine to play for AVFC, i.e. forgiven. That will be good enough for me.

Yeah, it's all gone very quiet since Juve signed Poulsen and declared they had no interest in signing Alonso anymore.

No doubt Liverpool will come in the day before our game against Man City and try their luck again, and we have a complete shocker!

if that happens again ill kill that fat fooker benny..

Jas 100% agree mate, it makes no sense does it ...

why risk an injury ?

as it to make a point ot Barry and the wider world that we mean buisness ...

It's either:

brinksmanship - not playing Barry would only encourage Liverpool.

Or

O'Neill is assuming no acceptable bid is forthcoming and is exercising his right to use a contracted player as he wishes.

why risk an injury ?

It's either:

Or

O'Neill is assuming no acceptable bid is forthcoming and is exercising his right to use a contracted player as he wishes.

or maybe you's are just not in the running anymore eh,or maybe a better team like the Gunners will come in and buy him instead of you lot..

why risk an injury ?

It's either:

Or

or maybe you's are just not in the running anymore

I think I already covered that point here:

except I managed to stay on topic. :winkold:

i think the fans got their feelings off their chest - expect humble pie from mr Barry - Rafa, Gerrard and Alex Black have lost him his captaincy and potentially his participation in the world cup - well done you rocket polishers -

Â