Sole Striker - Ings or Watkins?

ender4

Sole striker - Ings or Watkins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Ings or Watkins?

• Ings
    • Watkins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/22 at 19:46

Clearly Archer is a mix of all the good things Watkins and Ings can do with only a lack of top level experience as a real negative so would get my vote if he had been included. 

But to some degree this is all depends on how we set up the whole team.

Ings looks like he is running in quick sand so would need plenty of support high up the pitch, and Watkins can’t shoot for shit so wastes every 1 on 1 he gets.

And if we play both then it just weakens our midfield so we get over run…

yer F@*# it, it’s got to be Archer 

If we get a number 8 that can press better and is a very good passer, part of Ollie’s game would be supplemented, which would mean Ings would be better.

Ings was more effective for Southampton because he has James Ward Prowse and Romeu behind him.  

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think a manager relies on favouritism but I certainly think it’s a factor because unconsciously it’s in the human psyche.  Obviously it’s a lot less than fans but there is always an element of it, I’m surprised you don’t think there is an element of it in the decision making.

I think, they see a lot more from a player at BMH than we do on match day..... maybe thats the reason we can't always see what the manager see's.

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Did someone say Sole Striker?

I don't think this is the time or the plaice for such fishcious rumours.

Not the time or plaice for this 

Â