FC Barcelona

Villaphan04

Barcelona tried to bribe a UEFA official in 2020 to punish Manchester City and PSG

In a massive revelation made by the Financial Times journalist Simon Kuper, it’s been revealed that a Barcelona official tried to bribe a UEFA counterpart in an attempt to ease the Financial Fair Play rules in favour of the Blaugrana.

As relayed in Kuper’s recent book, he says that the UEFA official had a dinner meeting with a Barcelona representative back in February 2020, where the topic of Financial Fair Play was brought up by the latter.

An excerpt from Kuper’s book, (h/t The Athletic) read, “Eventually, the Barça official asked, ‘Is there anyone in your FFP department we could pay?’. The UEFA official understood that his counterpart was trying to find somebody to bribe.”

Upon approaching UEFA over the allegations, it simply said that they are ‘unaware of any such meeting or request.’ Barcelona, meanwhile, are yet to respond to Athletic’s contact.

https://barcauniversal.com/barcelona-tried-to-bribe-a-uefa-official-in-2020-to-punish-manchester-city-and-psg/

2 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'm baffled as to how Barcelona are being run, just can't make sense of it. They can't even afford to register players they've just brought into the club. 🙄

I'll take Kessie on a free to partner Kamara

5 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'm baffled as to how Barcelona are being run, just can't make sense of it. They can't even afford to register players they've just brought into the club. 🙄

They and the other super rich are being funded… They are receiving money that all the other clubs aren’t…

They are fiddling the books and the powers that be are saying: “yeah, we will let this slide, just make sure you pay it back”

Where as Rangers, Bury, Bolton, Derby and Deportivo had to go through the mill, and (in a couple of those cases) lose absolutely everything because they didn’t have enough political swing to keep the Ivory Tower mob content…

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I’d like him to stay and **** them up.

If not, then move to Chelsea and hope they play each other in the CL and he massively shit houses them after scoring the winner.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd like him to take them to court for breach of contract - declare the contract void, sign elsewhere for a free and win £30m in damages from Barca on top.

Barcelona sanction by FIFA and banned from signing any new players for 5 windows.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If that's true, Laporta has played a blinder - if they can see him to Chelsea they get the money to register a few.

Exactly. Barca want him gone, the hold up is his deferred wages. They are trying to get him to give up on getting that money. If I was him I'd demand it all with interest. 

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What is their long term plan? If they just keep selling more and more of their future earnings how are they going to sign and register players in future? 

I guess by completely ignoring rules and regulations and they never really suffer the consequences of breaking them. A bit like modern day politicians really. 

56 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What is their long term plan? If they just keep selling more and more of their future earnings how are they going to sign and register players in future? 

I think they are gambling on the European Super League coming back on the table

• Like 3

Â