Pre match thread

alreadyexists

What signings have Bournemouth made?

Last season Sarr took the pee out of Targett and Dennis finished a couple of chances well to put us 3 down but presume they haven't got same attacking options (cue Solanke turning into Drogba for this match). And Mings-Carlos barely winning a header v Kieffer Moore.

We really should be winning this.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Last season Sarr took the pee out of Targett and Dennis finished a couple of chances well to put us 3 down but presume they haven't got same attacking options (cue Solanke turning into Drogba for this match). And Mings-Carlos barely winning a header v Kieffer Moore.

Blimey, we haven’t even kicked off yet and we’ve lost! 😊 

Score fairly early and we win the game. As others have said, you don’t really want to be playing newly promoted sides early on in the season as they’re more fired up and not used to losing but let’s be real here, we should be beating these comfortably. 

Really hoping he doesn’t go with Ings and Watkins. If he does, and we don’t win, well, I’ll grab the popcorn and head over to the Gerrard thread. 

On 25/07/2022 at 10:08, Villa87 said:

Another pre season game to go but currently I’d go:

Emi

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Luiz Kamara

Bailey Buendia Coutinho

Ings

Gerrard will go:

Emi

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

McGinn Kamara Ramsey

Bailey Coutinho

Watkins

That will be the starting line up, I agree. 

On 27/07/2022 at 01:24, VillaChris said:

That was the Watford game last season, we are playing Bournemouth in the first game 

• Confused 1

On 25/07/2022 at 10:08, Villa87 said:

Gerrard will go:

Emi

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

McGinn Kamara Ramsey

Bailey Coutinho

Watkins

I'd prefer that to playing both Watkins and Ings, and i'd prefer Ings over Watkins, and i'm sad there is no space for Buendia... but generally i'm ok with that as a starting team against Bournemouth.

22 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I looked it up on the internet ( AV Vs Bournemouth ) and we have lost the last 3 in a row.So,this will be a good indication of how we are doing under SG.

Zero excuses Bournemouth have done very little if anything in transfer window, lose this game and this is the clear indicator Gerrard will not be a success at our club.

All the attacking flair players and other quality additions, lose this game and there are no excuses that will wash with me.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

Sorry to be pedantic and it's a minor point but Bournemouth play at the Vitality Stadium not Vicarage Road as shown in the title of this thread.....dont want to tempt fate and end up with the same result as we did against Watford first game of last year !!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villan501 said:

Zero excuses Bournemouth have done very little if anything in transfer window, lose this game and this is the clear indicator Gerrard will not be a success at our club.

All the attacking flair players and other quality additions, lose this game and there are no excuses that will wash with me.

I mean, OK, we need to win. No excuses, but it is football, after all. Wigan beat Manchester City in 5th round of FA cup once, you know? Bradford City beat Chelsea in another. Bournemouth slew many a strong Division II club last year. I just don't think there are any give-aways in this division. Can't afford to relax for a moment.  

• Like 2

Just had a look on a Bournemouth forum. No strenghtening with an aging championship centre back partnership of Hill and Mepham. 

Playing ultra defensively as they have no choice

The board have barely given them anything and are taking the money and running. 

A very different game on the horizon to Watford last season. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Lose this, Gerrard out Poch in......just saying.  😂

Right... My turn...

Lose this, Gerrard and Watkins out, Keegan and HM in... just saying.

image.png.d93a30116ab9b42ab06879ee66e32c3a.png

Oh, and for goodness sake would people just stop saying 'just saying', please! (Just saying).  👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Right... My turn...

Lose this, Gerrard and Watkins out, Keegan and HM in... just saying.

image.png.d93a30116ab9b42ab06879ee66e32c3a.png

Oh, and for goodness sake would people just stop saying 'just saying', please! (Just saying).  👍

I was joking by the way.......just saying. 😆

• Like 1

Its Bournmouth, weakest side in the division. We gotta go out there with straight backs and smash it! Give it 100% Beans and its an easy win, 
4-0 to the Villa