Match Ticket Pricing

ender4

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Are you sure your membership didn’t just auto-renew?  Or did you sign up late last year?

Just checked, runs until 28th July. I kind of figured it would only be valid for the current season not annually.

Edited by jim

Demand is high so they will take advantage of that . Also people want us to compete as best as we can, well ticket prices have to go up . All the other big clubs and lesser clubs pay more or as much as us now. Unfortunately it’s one of them and we was warned about ticket prices going up. I personally don’t think they are trying to rip us off, they are just trying to increase revenue which puts us in a better position to compete . I’d rather a full house villa park of 50k paying these prices rather than how it was a few years back barely getting over 30k as one of the cheapest sides to watch. We need to move with the times and get with it. 

If we continue to win half a dozen home games a season the demand at these prices will drop. Especially with the economy as it is. Match day tickets is a small proportion of a club's turnover. Reading about Barcelona's interesting financial set up, match day receipts is less than 20% of their turnover.  Basically if you want to charge top dollar it has to be good quality entertainment to keep people coming back for more. Outside of the championship years I can't remember the last time we had a good home record in the top flight.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we continue to win half a dozen home games a season the demand at these prices will drop. Especially with the economy as it is. Match day tickets is a small proportion of a club's turnover. Reading about Barcelona's interesting financial set up, match day receipts is less than 20% of their turnover.  Basically if you want to charge top dollar it has to be good quality entertainment to keep people coming back for more. Outside of the championship years I can't remember the last time we had a good home record in the top flight.

Barcelona get hundreds of sales to day trippers. I ended up at a Barcelona game many years back, despite having absolutely no interest in them besides them having some of the best footballers on the planet at the time.

Similarly, clubs with massive global followings, that have fans that might find themselves in the area for non football reasons, might look to pick up a ticket if their visit coincides with a game. 

We don't really have that luxury and will definitely get fewer of the day trippers to fill in the blanks. 

So we're looking at a fairly local market, which is being stretched financially, and is seemingly made up of about 20k people on the season ticket waiting list.

You're right, if we don't win more than half our home games, those tickets won't be getting sold. Be amazed if Everton doesn't sell out though. 

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

2,900 tickets left for the Everton match, including chunks of the cheapest £35 tickets.

Hasn't gone on sale to season tickets holders yet though, only members for now.

We'll still be getting over 40k but I don't see us selling out as much as last season imo, club jacking up every area in ground by 10 quid will mean games like Southampton on a Friday night won't sell out.

We'll certainly have to flog more season tickets to regularly fill 50k ground in a few years with these fixed prices now.

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Everton still has around 1,000 tickets on sale and goes on general sale on Monday.

I thought just the expensive tickets would be left, but there are pockets everywhere.

It will be 41.200 or something. Southampton's the one where I think may not reach even 40k but guess they can take hit for odd game.

16 hours ago, ender4 said:

Everton still has around 1,000 tickets on sale and goes on general sale on Monday.

I thought just the expensive tickets would be left, but there are pockets everywhere.

People struggling to feed their kids and heat their homes this coming winter. Attendances are going to collapse at Christmas.

Only just seen this thread, but really disappointed that we're not lowering ticket prices.

The amount of money that a club makes purely for existing in the Premier League is huge - and makes revenue from matchdays seem pretty insignificant.  At a point in time where everything is costing more and more - and somewhat rapidly - you'd really hope that Premier League clubs (not just Villa) would allow people to watch their teams for a "bargain" price.  It's absurd that they don't.

**** football.

Even if we don't sell out, the club will likely take more at the gate compared to last year due to the price increases.

The problem with us selling so many season tickets is that the club will want to maximise the additional income it can take with higher match day ticket prices. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Only just seen this thread, but really disappointed that we're not lowering ticket prices.

The amount of money that a club makes purely for existing in the Premier League is huge - and makes revenue from matchdays seem pretty insignificant.  At a point in time where everything is costing more and more - and somewhat rapidly - you'd really hope that Premier League clubs (not just Villa) would allow people to watch their teams for a "bargain" price.  It's absurd that they don't.

**** football.

We are not going to lower the match day prices as the club has massively hiked up season ticket prices. It wouldn't make sense to have cheaper tickets on a match by match basis.

I emailed the club asking them to reconsider the price rise because of the impending economic recession we will be having, but obviously they didn't change their minds.

The Everton game is a 12.30 kick off in the holiday season and now the railways will be on strike that day, which is not going to help. The club should also encourage more supporters coaches going to the ground as  1- it will save money for people, and 2- less congestion and co2 emissions. 

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We are not going to lower the match day prices as the club has massively hiked up season ticket prices. It wouldn't make sense to have cheaper tickets on a match by match basis.

I agree - but everything should have been reduced.  Make it about the fans, not the money.

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

People struggling to feed their kids and heat their homes this coming winter. Attendances are going to collapse at Christmas.

Football fans will always find a way (e.g. forgoing holidays to get season tickets etc) so I don't think we'll be having sub 30k attendances anytime soon even if it's going to be very difficult for majority in winter unless government brings in more payments.

Ultimately we've re-established ourselves now as mid table prem club with some marketable and well known players around the world so we're probably one of those clubs now who could attract tourist element to the matchday crowd again so they need to be fed and water in their Trinity enclave. 

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I emailed the club asking them to reconsider the price rise because of the impending economic recession we will be having, but obviously they didn't change their minds.

The Everton game is a 12.30 kick off in the holiday season and now the railways will be on strike that day, which is not going to help. The club should also encourage more supporters coaches going to the ground as  1- it will save money for people, and 2- less congestion and co2 emissions. 

Have the club actually said what measures they'll be taking for Everton game? TBF there are still some trains running on CC line on strike days as I caught one on Wednesday but it's a bit unrealistic to think it can just handle 40k fans especially with it being an earlier kick off.

Quite impressive the number of shuttle buses for Commonwealth games in operation so surely club could hire a few and tell fans to park at Star City and the Fort and arrange pick ups for half 11 and midday.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Have the club actually said what measures they'll be taking for Everton game? TBF there are still some trains running on CC line on strike days as I caught one on Wednesday but it's a bit unrealistic to think it can just handle 40k fans especially with it being an earlier kick off.

Quite impressive the number of shuttle buses for Commonwealth games in operation so surely club could hire a few and tell fans to park at Star City and the Fort and arrange pick ups for half 11 and midday.

I have heard nothing thus far. It is possible an agreement could be made beforehand and the strike will get cancelled. Or we will just have hours of gridlock.

Â