84 members have voted

1. 1. Internet Dating have you?

• Never tried it, get a life muppets!
    • Tried it and am still seeing her
    • Tried and had 1 or more dates and kopped off
    • Tried and had 1 or more dates
    • Tried it and chatted online only

But aren't the girls in your country all beauties compared to ours? :winkold:

No they are not..we have some real hotties here but you have aswell..ive met hot english girls when abroad..and thier accent is very sexy aswell.

I don't suppose Swedish girls find the Brummie accent sexy do they? :lol:

Russian girls do :D

I'll concur with that :D

God bless St.Petersburg!

all i have to say to that comment is "hell yes". never seen such a city of beauties!

• 2 years later...

thought I would bump this sue to my stalking nightmare which is still going on, I am having a 2 week break due ti her being on her hols, so kind of her to tell me!! :?

It has eased off apart from e-mails to female mates trying to befriend them thinking they may not know who she is. Very Scary!!

The reason for posting on this thread instead of the stalking one is out of all the nightmare dating stories I have heard, and there have been many! I had one off a friend last night which is the worst.

Mr perfect in her eyes, dating him for a year and he moves in last week, she uses his laptop and finds a dating site. In short she finds him on two and that he has been shagging men behind her back. She has fallen for his "It was just the sex and I dont fancy men" but this is the shit that online dating throws up man.

I am going to write a book on this shit!!

:shock:

I have a problem with it for two reasons.

1.) I find it impossible to judge a person over the computer, how can you tell they aren't **** mental? You need physical interaction to really tell if you click with a woman (or man). That initial spark is something a computer can never, ever replicate.

2.) I hate the idea of a website matching you to people based on your compatibility. It just seems wrong. Again it's to do with the previous point in that you can have everything in common with someone but still detest them, a computer can't evoke those initial emotions we have when we talk to people.

So aye, it helps a lot of people 'get out there' but at the same time it gives people false expectations and hope. A computer can't replicate real life. So instead of signing up to some hogwash website, get out and about.

But then...that gets into the debate over whether or not our (this generations, and future) social skills are adequate enough to find and talk to woman. We are essentially a generation raised online. SO maybe internet dating will be all we have, seeing as we cripple under the thought of making eye contact with a girl we don't know and sustaining a conversation past the initial "hello, how are you?".

YEAH.

At the moment I can get enough just going out on a friday and saturday night, I think internet dating may be for a older crowd tbh so im not ruling it out in the future. Ive met enough crazy women in person so I can only imagine what theyre like online!

What i am wondering is that are these sites for actual dating/relationships or basically just sex?

I just signed up to that 'Plenty of Fish' one today to give it a go. I'm not really sure what to write though when I send them a message. Do I ask them out with that first message, or do you message each other for a while until she asks? I'm lost already....

I have a problem with it for two reasons.

1.) I find it impossible to judge a person over the computer, how can you tell they aren't **** mental? You need physical interaction to really tell if you click with a woman (or man). That initial spark is something a computer can never, ever replicate.

2.) I hate the idea of a website matching you to people based on your compatibility. It just seems wrong. Again it's to do with the previous point in that you can have everything in common with someone but still detest them, a computer can't evoke those initial emotions we have when we talk to people.

So aye, it helps a lot of people 'get out there' but at the same time it gives people false expectations and hope. A computer can't replicate real life. So instead of signing up to some hogwash website, get out and about.

But then...that gets into the debate over whether or not our (this generations, and future) social skills are adequate enough to find and talk to woman. We are essentially a generation raised online. SO maybe internet dating will be all we have, seeing as we cripple under the thought of making eye contact with a girl we don't know and sustaining a conversation past the initial "hello, how are you?".

YEAH.

Absolutely agree with this, spent months talking to a girl on the phone/computer, finally decided to give it a go as she didn't live that far away, we met and it was an absolute disaster. Things were fine in the cinema, after that it was probably the most awkward experience of my life.

I'm sure it works for some people, but for me personally (due to the points you made about cripping under the thought of eye contact, perhaps I'll imagine them all to be fatties?) it can't work.

Â