Hednesford Town v Villa XI - 12th July 7:30pm

useless

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Is Hednesford an amateur or professional team?  I always wonder is there really any benefit with playing such a mismatched team?

Aged well ! Probably pinned it up on their board for the halftime team talk. All your fault 😉

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

finished 4:3 if anyone cares

Interesting that we capitulated in the second half. Seems to be a trait of our youngsters that they drop off after 60 minutes. I imagine if we were playing Hednesford's full team, they the age gap was what caused us to struggle in the second half.  Nice to see that from an ability perspective they were able to get a comfortable lead, before potentiality getting tired.

Similarly, if we made a whole heap of changes then presumably the backup for what was already our u21 backups isn't quite at the same level. 

The team that finished was completely different to the one that started other than the goalkeeper, in the second-half we brought on some very inexperienced players, some of whom haven't even played much U18 football. I'm sure we will be disappointed to a degree to throw away a three goal lead, but if we'd have played the best eleven from today's squad for the whole and just maybe a few changes, then I'm sure we would have won comfortably.

Will be a learning curve for them, and better to have it in a game like this rather than one that matters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

This isn't good enough! we have to beating teams like Hednesford. Step it up

If we turn up at Leamington on Saturday like that then I really fear for our season :D

On 13/07/2022 at 09:07, Robtaylor200 said:

Hednesford the place of my birth. A few miles outside Cannock also known for its race track bomber derbies on a Saturday 

My moms birthplace, hednesford hills, cannock chase, found memories. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

My moms birthplace, hednesford hills, cannock chase, found memories. 

My lad played for there under 16’s a few times last season

• Like 1

Â