The Women’s European Championships 2022

Genie

Yeah, poor Northern Ireland. 🙁 And Ada Hegerberg hasn't even scored one of the goals.

i thought England were really good defensively yesterday: good, calm goalkeeping (especially considering it was her major tournament debut) and good, calm playing out from the back by the defenders (in complete contrast to Austria who were really poor at playing out from the back time after time, they really need to work on that a lot!) 

Millie Bright gets my vote for player of the match, such a rock in defence, I think that's the best I've seen her play.

Great pass from Kirby and great skill from Mead for our goal.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Goalkeeping is atrocious 

In contrast, both keepers in yesterday's game were really good, which is great to see. I thought Austria's goalie was their player of the match.

27 minutes ago, robby b said:

In contrast, both keepers in yesterday's game were really good, which is great to see. I thought Austria's goalie was their player of the match.

She was awful for the goal though. 

10 hours ago, Xela said:

She was awful for the goal though. 

I think that's harsh, she tried to make herself big with the old star shape approach, I think she probably did need to come off her line. But I did feel she didn't react fast enough (to move her hand up to the ball). 

But on reflection it's one of Austria's defenders who was their WOTM then! :s 

Edited by robby b

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

I think that's harsh, she tried to make herself big with the old star shape approach, I think she probably did need to come off her line. But I did feel she didn't react fast enough (to move her hand up to the ball). 

Just watched the goal again. Wasn't decisive enough and didn't make herself big enough.

IMO of course. 

• Like 1

Â