Double posting

Genie

Question

I think this is contributing to double posting, referenced in the other thread, but raising separately as it is a different issue with potentially a different cause.

Previously when posting in a thread, when the page rendered it focused on my new post. Now, when the page redraws after the post, it stays at the top of the page. Not a big problem on its own, but  I think it's contributing to the number of people thinking their post failed, so trying again.

Reproduced on Android + Firefox, and Windows 10 + Edge and Firefox, and I've cleared my cache/cookies

99% sure this wasn't happening before the site restarted for an update this evening

• Like 1

On Win10, in both Edge and Firefox, I get the below error when posting new threads. The thread is actually created though.

Couldn't say when this started as I hardly ever start them!

image.png.8be2a08126574559bd42da435dae4134.png

There's an internal server error returned on the post request in dev tools, but the response just contains the page data with no error details

image.png.853eca9acdaa5521ec20c9231d5e475c.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, limpid said:

Screenshots are not useful. I need links. What "red text"?

See below, it posted my post fine but also warned me that I can’t post a second time so close after the first and kept the content of my post in the editor.

1-F8569-E4-5947-4-B44-B86-D-C3277-FB074-

• Like 2

Been happening to me the last day or so.

It sometimes seems that the first post hasn't submitted, and then when you refresh the page it says you can't submit twice in the 4 second period.

When it does submit it goes back to the top of the page.

The text area is also not cleared on refresh, and sometimes you get the browser's "do you want to resubmit the form" message on refreshing.

• Like 1