Chasetown v Villa XI - 8th July 7.45pm

Kingman

That squad list that Preece has posted I think is just a list of all our academy players minus the new scholars that haven't been announced yet. I don't think all of those will be involved tonight.

The ones listed by Preece in his original tweet will be there, Barry, Young, Smith, Swinkels, Wright, and Wilson, from the photo looks like Afoka and Aaron O'Reilly are there as well.

• Like 1

James Wright, Ealing, Smith, Swinkels, Frith, Lindley, Rowe; Afoka, Tyreik Wright, Young, Barry.

Subs: Barber, Lane, Aaron O'Reilly, Myles Sohna, Finley Munroe, Todd Alcock, Caleb Chukwuemeka, Ajani Burchall, Kyle Pierre, Charlie Lutz, Mikell Barnes, Kobei Moore, Luke Softley.

Edited by useless

Good to see Mikell Barnes back after missing most of last season, think he's quite highly rated, as been involved with England, and broke into our U23s early as well, but obviously had some bad luck last season.

Wilson travelled with the group but isn't part of the squad.

Edited by useless
Edit: Wilson and team news is from 'Birmingham Mail'.

Would have been nice to see him with the more senior squad against Walsall tomorrow, but this time last year Archer was playing in friendlies for the U23s, and don't think anyone was even entertaining the idea of him being involved with the first team, so if Barry continues to do well I'm sure he will get his chance.

• Like 1

Tyreik Wright scores our third.

'Exquisite blind pass' from Barry according to Preece, Barry also put in the cross for Young's goal, so has had hand in all the goals.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s going to be some player! I hope he gets some senior minutes this year

I like how preece says he's got bigger, I know he's got a PT as it's often on his insta, looks like he knows of the easy criticism to suggest he's small and he's done something about it

There's just something about this group, so many of them working out in their own time and taking it really professionally 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

James Wright, Ealing, Smith, Swinkels, Frith, Lindley, Rowe; Afoka, Tyreik Wright, Young, Barry.

Subs: Barber, Lane, Aaron O'Reilly, Myles Sohna, Finley Munroe, Todd Alcock, Caleb Chukwuemeka, Ajani Burchall, Kyle Pierre, Charlie Lutz, Mikell Barnes, Kobei Moore, Luke Softley.

Is that Triston Rowe in the starting line up?

Â