• Heroin
    • LSD
    • Cocaine
    • Marijuana
    • None, I'm a drug virgin
    • Something Else
    • E's
    • more than one type of evilness!!!!

I do really enjoy drugs and think in moderation can be great, had some amazing times.

Absolutely. Of course they can be dangerous, that goes for most things, but there is such a thing as responsible drug use. If only there was a responsible drug policy to match.

True dat. I believe that drugs should be legalised. It would mean cleaner and 'safer' drugs, no gang or turf wars or street dealing and it could be taxed. To some this may seem a load of radical leftist liberal tosh that is unrealistic, but I think it could help. Of course it doesn't do much in terms of helping addicts, maybe the extra revenue from the drugs could go in to more funding for rehab programmes and helping people who want to kick their habit? You can't force someone to stop taking drugs because you think it's dirty

I do really enjoy drugs and think in moderation can be great, had some amazing times.

Absolutely. Of course they can be dangerous, that goes for most things, but there is such a thing as responsible drug use. If only there was a responsible drug policy to match.

True dat. I believe that drugs should be legalised. It would mean cleaner and 'safer' drugs, no gang or turf wars or street dealing and it could be taxed. To some this may seem a load of radical leftist liberal tosh that is unrealistic, but I think it could help. Of course it doesn't do much in terms of helping addicts, maybe the extra revenue from the drugs could go in to more funding for rehab programmes and helping people who want to kick their habit? You can't force someone to stop taking drugs because you think it's dirty

Agreed. Better education about drugs, a regulated market and proper treatment for those with problems is the way forward. It would lower organised crime massively, swell public coffers and allow those who may need treatment to seek it out without fear, whilst also ensuring that the drugs that are available are 'safe' and of decent quality.

Will never happen in this country unfortunately.

Reminds me of the days when mushrooms we a regular weekend option. A mate used to tell the tale of how one night, he necked a few, but they didn't seem to be having an effect until the next minute a squid came down the road and asked him directions to Morpeth. :lol:

My own mushrooms (harvested from Clee Hills) experience was much less hallucinatory but a lot of fun. Mainly involved a lot of giggling with the odd instance of zoning out, or intense concentration on a painting, photo, wallpaper pattern etc. Those magic eye posters were always good, and it certainly made the televised coverage of the Kasparov vs Short chess matches extremely interesting. God, that was a long time ago now. :(

Classic post, I'm still laughing. Mushrooms were like that with me - they never made me hallucinate, even when smaller quantities of the same batch were having that effect on others.

What they did do though (especially when washed down with some white wine) was produce that "detailed concentration" effect that you describe so well. With me it was mainly noticeable with music. I can remember listening to - appropriately enough - The Byrds' "Eight Miles High", and I found that I could listen to every nuance of every separate instrument and voice with equal attention, simultaneously. Absolutely amazing.

No Quarter by Led Zep had the same effect on me. It's almost as if they knew exactly what it was like to be 'on one'. Wonder how :lol:

Agreed. I've been saying for years that drugs should be legalised. The advantages could be enormous compared to the downside. Some time back, I tried to get a thread started on drug legalisation. I think it would be a good subject for a poll.

I've never really been into illegal drugs. Apart from alcohol and tobacco (now stopped), I was an occasional/social pot smoker in my youth and tried coke once, but was too pissed to notice any effect... just as well... I understand it's an expensive habit.

Drugs I've Used:

Nicotine--Kicked the habit 8 years ago

Alcohol--I always need to keep an eye on my drinking

Cannabis--Weed is too potent these days...havent used it in years

Cocaine--Makes me want to smoke cigarettes...havent used it in years

MDMA--Incredible feeling, but stopped using it years ago out of long-term effect fears

Ketamine--Tried it once....AWFUL

Mushrooms--Tried it once years ago...great fun until a friend started losing his marbles

With the exception of Ketamine and Mushrooms, I'd do any of these drugs all the time, if there were no consequences, :lol:

But alas......there are....

With the exception of Ketamine and Mushrooms, I'd do any of these drugs all the time, if there were no consequences, :lol:

Exactly why they shouldn't be legalised IMO. I still have the occasional line, if there was no social or legal reason against taking drugs I would probably do it all the time and that would be terrible, I'd really mess myself up.

Most drugs are illegal for a reason, they can seriously destroy your life. I've seen too many friends go down that path. With Cocaine especially.

Exactly why they shouldn't be legalised IMO. I still have the occasional line, if there was no social or legal reason against taking drugs I would probably do it all the time and that would be terrible, I'd really mess myself up.

Most drugs are illegal for a reason, they can seriously destroy your life. I've seen too many friends go down that path. With Cocaine especially.

Most people who drink alcohol are not alcoholics. Coke is particularly nasty stuff, I too have mates who have gone down the wrong route - but properly implemented legalisation and education would not, I'd hope, lead to massive nationwide cone-nosing. It's not a perfect solution but I think it's better than what we have now in so many ways.

Most people who drink alcohol are not alcoholics. Coke is particularly nasty stuff, I too have mates who have gone down the wrong route - but properly implemented legalisation and education would not, I'd hope, lead to massive nationwide cone-nosing. It's not a perfect solution but I think it's better than what we have now in so many ways.

Most people who drink are not alcoholics, no. But with a drug like Cocaine, the consequences of the equivalent of a few pints (i.e. a few lines) after work is much more damaging to the user and everyone around them. It changes people, mentally and physically in a much shorter time frame and with much more venom than an addiction to alcohol, which in the vast majority of cases can be controlled.

Most people who drink are not alcoholics, no. But with a drug like Cocaine, the consequences of the equivalent of a few pints (i.e. a few lines) after work is much more damaging to the user and everyone around them. It changes people, mentally and physically in a much shorter time frame and with much more venom than an addiction to alcohol, which in the vast majority of cases can be controlled.

I agree, but I genuinely don't think people would just hit a few lines of coke after work purely because it is legal to do so. For example, cannabis use amongst the Dutch has dropped since it was legalised over there. If you want to be an irresponsible drug user, then you can be anyway. It's hardly difficult to get hold of drugs in this country, and if you have a regualr dealer then even less so. Perhaps cocaine available on a govt. regulated market could be made less addictive?

If coke and cannabis were legal in this country then all sorts of products could be made from them. i.e. drinks and cakes. Causing a lot less damage to people who want to use them.

I once read that this country wouldn't make them legal as they can not grow them cheaply in this country. Meaning a lot of money would go out of the country.

I'm not certain coke could be regulated sufficiently. They'll always be a black market for it even if it was legalised, and due to the nature of the trade it could still be very harmful.

However, I certainly would have no objections to cannabis being legalised and regulated, as I believe this is a less harmful drug.

Everything on the list apart from Heroin.

Really?

Please tell me you're joking.

For one thing it'd probably kill a jinja

Its been proven that for a Ginger, taking the drugs mentioned is less harmfull than standing in direct sunlight for more than 2 mins.

All of them, don't smoke weed anymore, but have been addicted to Crack and Herion in the past for about 8 years and it took ages to beat this disease which is what it is.

The treatment offered in this country is too slow and takes far to long to get onto, I know a lot of people will have bad opinions of drug addicts but I have worked everyday of my life,

Most of my money came from Loans, credit cards etc People are right the real affect of this sort of addiciton is on the families of teh addicts who have to watch there loved ones flushing there lives down the pan.

legalising drugs could be a good short term solution in beating terriosim and ensuriing the quality of things such as herion etc is off an acceptable standard. A lot of deaths from herion are caused due to users being sold either shite, or an extremley strogn batch of a drug.

It would take a bold move from government to do this but would allow them to monitor all the addicts and offer them the treatment that most want./

Â