• Heroin
    • LSD
    • Cocaine
    • Marijuana
    • None, I'm a drug virgin
    • Something Else
    • E's
    • more than one type of evilness!!!!

Mushrooms - In my understanding - not illegal if you eat them on the spot.

Apparently not any more:

Magic mushrooms and the law

There was once a time when picking and taking fresh magic mushrooms was perfectly legal. This time has now come to an end. Read on for the rules on 'shrooms.

The law

The sale of fresh magic mushrooms used to be legal due to a loophole in the law. That was until the Drugs Bill 2005 closed this loophole.

Magic mushrooms contain psilocybin and psilocin and under the Misuse of Drugs Act these hallucinogenic chemicals are class A drugs like heroin, crack and cocaine. The bill classes fresh magic mushrooms as a 'preparation' of psilocin or psilocybin, and therefore possession of magic mushrooms (fresh and prepared) is now illegal.

Fly Agaric mushrooms are also hallucinogenic but they contain no psilocybin or psilocin and so are not illegal. However they are difficult to take safely and there's much debate over whether Fly Agaric mushrooms are deadly or not.

Magic mushrooms are a class A drug

Class A drugs carry the most serious charges. Maximum penalties you can face are:

Seven years imprisonment plus an unlimited fine for possession;

Life imprisonment plus an unlimited fine for supplying or dealing;

Life imprisonment plus an unlimited fine for possession with intent to supply.

Drug convictions will also affect your chances of future employment, as many employers would not consider your application, and you may find it hard to get into such countries as America and Australia.

Never tried em...never would...I've had to deal with the consequences when I was a counselor....and I know one Redscouse I am very fond of is wasting his life away sitting in some Spanish bar.....smoking, drinking, gambling and doing drugs..basically.addicting his life away.......

None ( well only nicotene I guess). I used to smoke - started as a teenager at the top of the school field (as you did then!) but gave it up nearly 17 years ago. Never knowingly taken anything but I suspect I may have taken a drink with something in at a party once!

Literally tried one thing once just out of curiosity. It did nothing for me, satiated my curiosity and I moved on. So while the poll question and the thread title have COMPLETELY different meanings (naughty Rob) I DO nothing and I've partaken once. I've no interest in partaking any more. I'm afraid my beer would get jealous.

Weed when its on offer after a night out , a huge amount of salvia once and ket at the isle of wight festival. Ket gave me a horrible come down and never touched anything of that ilk (the 'recreational') since and quite proud of the fact given the fact that a good few of my friends partake in class A. Seeing them is enough to put me off.

Have to say though, I have been and sometimes do get tempted, but think its a sorry state of affairs when people literally go to the pub and drop E's. Just get drunk man!

I'll be honest and say I've never done anything, not even smoked a cigarette. If I don't try it, I won't get hooked, and I won't go wasting mymoney on it, that's ho I've always seen it.
How about alcohol?

Fair enough, didn't see that on the list though. But I probably drink 4 or 5 times a year anyways, and then its only WKD or something. So I wouldn't say I drink much alcohol at all, my birthday, christmas, and a few friends birthdays, thats it.

All of the above apart from heroin and crack.

same

im getting older now tho so its a rarity

acid would still be my drug of choice tho, super fun if you have the right mindset for it

some people cant hack it tho, which is understandable

All of the above apart from heroin and crack.

same

im getting older now tho so its a rarity

acid would still be my drug of choice tho, super fun if you have the right mindset for it

some people cant hack it tho, which is understandable

I LOVE acid. My drug of choice too. Had some totally amazing times on acid.

• 7 months later...

I have done marijuana, Pills and Cocaine. Used to smoke weed quite abit but have been clean now since new yrs eve :) (new years resoloution). Pills are dodgy only tried them a few times and cocaine is just madly over priced you gotta be on a wage like Rio to afford that shite :lol:

Other then a few cheeky joints one night round a mates a few weeks ago, I ain't touched a thing since new year, possibly even longer, and best of all, I still ain't smoked a fag since 11/11/08.

Get in, reality and demons are all mine again!

Guest Ricardomeister

Never been interested in the slightest. I feel very sorry for anybody who feels the need to take drugs.

Never been interested in the slightest. I feel very sorry for anybody who feels the need to take drugs.

Do you drink or smoke or like the odd coffee/tea?

What about lucozade?

But really, I think its clear what he means by drugs.

Guest Ricardomeister

Do you drink or smoke or like the odd coffee/tea?

In answer to your questions no, no, no and no :)

Â