• None, I'm a drug virgin
    • Something Else
    • E's
    • more than one type of evilness!!!!

How long have you been clean HEITS?

Only since christmas :oops:

Took about 6 attempts but hope to have sorted it this time

3 months is nothing to be :oops: about! :clap:

I'm guessing the physical addiction is over but you need to stay strong on the mental side?

How long have you been clean HEITS?

Only since christmas :oops:

Took about 6 attempts but hope to have sorted it this time

3 months is nothing to be :oops: about! :clap:

I'm guessing the physical addiction is over but you need to stay strong on the mental side?

I have a good councillor at the minute who I speak to every other day, I know this is a cost a lot of tax payers don't want to pay but it really does make a big difference.

Just got to keep busy and focused hopefully this is the last time !

I agree, but I genuinely don't think people would just hit a few lines of coke after work purely because it is legal to do so. For example, cannabis use amongst the Dutch has dropped since it was legalised over there. If you want to be an irresponsible drug user, then you can be anyway. It's hardly difficult to get hold of drugs in this country, and if you have a regualr dealer then even less so. Perhaps cocaine available on a govt. regulated market could be made less addictive?

There's a massive difference between the legalisation of Cannabis, which I'm kind of indifferent to, and class A's like Cocaine, Heroin and Crack. Perhaps as an aid to get people off these drugs it could be made available to professional bodies, but Cocaine for the masses? I don't think the comparison with the Dutch is a fair one at all. It's a whole new ball game, the stuff is addictive as hell and unlike a bit of weed, to an inexperienced user it can be lethal.

Sure, it's not too difficult to get hold of. But, again unlike cannabis there's still a massive stigma attached and I would like it to stay that way.

I'd like to think that proper education would mean that the stigma WOULD remain. It's obviously a difficult situation making something so obviously damaging available but over the medium to long term I think less and less people would take cocaine. The cocaine would be safer as well, you wouldn't have it laced with glass to make it shine for example. I'd hope people will realise it's dumb and not do it, regardless of legality. The hit for organised crime and the benefits for the producer countries would also be massive.

It's a big step, and it's obviously not ideal, but as I said, I think it's a far better scenario than what we have now.

I'd like to think that proper education would mean that the stigma WOULD remain. It's obviously a difficult situation making something so obviously damaging available but over the medium to long term I think less and less people would take cocaine. The cocaine would be safer as well, you wouldn't have it laced with glass to make it shine for example. I'd hope people will realise it's dumb and not do it, regardless of legality. The hit for organised crime and the benefits for the producer countries would also be massive.

It's a big step, and it's obviously not ideal, but as I said, I think it's a far better scenario than what we have now.

Exactly. I think some of the reason people try drugs in the first place is that it is a bit of rebellion, a sense of danger even maybe? It's a way to push the envelope a little. If this side of drug use was removed maybe there would fewer people taking drugs? Perhaps thats a little naive?

Legalising drugs I don't think advocates it, it's more a case of implementing safer drug use and better support for those where it has become a problem.

Also, people who are dismissing cannabis I think is foolish. I love it, but it is a gateway drug which opens up a world of searching for a bigger, longer, better high. That is one of it's dangers.

If somebody wants to throw their life down the toilet, who are we to stop them?

Indeed. We shouldn't be stopping them, we should be discouraging them and providing proper treatment.

If somebody wants to throw their life down the toilet, why should the state discourage them or provide proper treatment?

If somebody wants to throw their life down the toilet, who are we to stop them?

Indeed. We shouldn't be stopping them, we should be discouraging them and providing proper treatment.

If somebody wants to throw their life down the toilet, why should the state discourage them or provide proper treatment?

Exactly. If people can't help themselves then why should the tax payer keep forking out to try and help them.

Wow.

SO a drug addict signs up to a rehab programme, goes through it all and gets clean.

2 days later they're back on it.

Why should we keep paying to rehab these people who don't really want to get clean? Let them do what they want and throw away their lfe. Help the people who want help.

I dont have problem with those that dont. But repeat offenders are different.

Hmmm.

I've heard of people, nay, I know of one person with who it took 3 visits to get themselves clean. It might have taken a long time and a little money, but it saved their life. I can't understand the level of ignorance you've shown, it boggles my mind. Surely it's better for you in the long run as well if these people are off the streets?

I wouldnt call it ignorance, just my opinion that differs from yours. Why should I pay for someone to keep abusing their body asking for help, abusing their body, asking for help, how long do you let it go on?

Alcoholics that get new livers or have medical treatment then are in the pub the next day. Why waste money on saving/helping people that aren't prepared to help themselves?

I've taken drugs, lots of drugs in fact. i was using Cocaine every day for about 6 months. I realised what I was doing to myself and I stopped.

I understand some people may find it harder to stop than others but getting help and then just going back to your old ways is just a waste of peoples time and money.

I wouldnt call it ignorance, just my opinion that differs from yours. Why should I pay for someone to keep abusing their body asking for help, abusing their body, asking for help, how long do you let it go on?

Alcoholics that get new livers or have medical treatment then are in the pub the next day. Why waste money on saving/helping people that aren't prepared to help themselves?

I've taken drugs, lots of drugs in fact. i was using Cocaine every day for about 6 months. I realised what I was doing to myself and I stopped.

I understand some people may find it harder to stop than others but getting help and then just going back to your old ways is just a waste of peoples time and money.

Just as a side question the 2nd biggest cost to the NHS after smoking is obescity should all fat people be left to die as they have over indulged??

What about people who get skin cancer from sun beds there choice should they too be left to die?

As for the cost of treatment when you weigh up the cost to society then it really does deliver value for money.

At NA i speak to 40+ people who are clean some of whom now for 10 years plus, they used to steal, live on the streets etc etc but all now work and most now have families is that not a worthwhile cost.

I just think if people don't help themselves then why should the tax payer contiune to pay for their treatment over and over again. Be is fat, cancer ridden smoking alcoholic heroin addict. I respect you for having the balls to admint here you had a problem and much respect to see you beating it. Drugs are adrain on society in all kids of ways like you mention but people who really want help get it, like you. People who go to thee courses to avoid jail or whatever don't deserve the help.

A spliff a day keeps the doctor away :)

Never tried the others though.

I have never heard a good reason why alchohol is so accepted while cannabis is satan.

If the roles were reverse im sure we would have less violence and fewer killed in traffic etc.

We would end up with a safer but more boring society :)

But that surely cant be the reason?

Â