Which three former players would you sign in this window (if you could)?

John

Martinez

Cash   McGrath   Laursen    Digne

Kamara 

Ramsey      McGinn 

Buendia     Yorke        Coutinho

Vs 

Martinez 

Cash    Carlos     Mings    Digne

Kamara 

Platt           Barry 

Buendia    Benteke     Coutinho

The fact we have Coutinho, the only reason the none selection of JG. 

Can we have 6? 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d agree but would perhaps include Alex Cropley too. 

Just a bit before my time, 84-85 was the first season remember supporting the Villa.

I was seven and my favourite player was Mark Walters; just looked it up he scored ten goals that season. We also finished tenth.

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Just a bit before my time, 84-85 was the first season remember supporting the Villa.

I was seven and my favourite player was Mark Walters; just looked it up he scored ten goals that season. We also finished tenth.

You’ve got about 14 years on me, I envy you your age but boy did you miss a party!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

TRO I’m amazed that as someone who saw the European Cup winners (I didn’t) you’d choose three ‘modern’ players. 

For me at their peaks, of players I saw, McGrath, Benteke, Grealish. (Oh shoot now I’m the one not fixing midfield, no wonder the club don’t do it!)

I can't win, can I.....I'll be called a dinosaur, if I went for any of them.😃

The European cup winners was a team......and a bloody good one.

In my humble opinion, the 3 players I chose, individually could have featured in that side......maybe not all at once, because that may have destabilised the team.....but each one could have featured in that great team.

Its all about balance and TEAM coordination, not just  individuals......sure the game is about individuals, but they have to blend in to a team...is my point.

We won the European cup, but not many featured strongly in the England team........work that one out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yes best youth player ive ever seen at villa. Virtually won the FA youth cup on his own at just 15 years of age in 1980

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The European cup winners was a team......and a bloody good one.

In my humble opinion, the 3 players I chose, individually could have featured in that side......maybe not all at once, because that may have destabilised the team.....but each one could have featured in that great team.

Its all about balance and TEAM coordination, not just  individuals......sure the game is about individuals, but they have to blend in to a team...is my point.

We won the European cup, but not many featured strongly in the England team........work that one out.

London centric press and selectors 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Based on who I actually saw Barry, Benteke, Grealish 

Probably be challenging top 4. Front 6 of:

Benteke

Coutinho Grealish Buendia

Barry    Kamara

Would be unreal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Given we're talking about the 8 position I would say Barry for sure. 

Benteke at his best would also be ridiculous with the creativity we know have, little bit different to waiting for likes of Joe Bennett or Lichaj to cross the ball for him.

Barry was a 6 more than an 8 though 

Â